Mike K's all Things Turo Thread

Chet Donnelly

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 19, 2004
Not 110% sure, but believe you can deduct your depreciation and interest on the ones you own. Assuming you have your interest baked into your payments number, but if you add your depreciation cost it should lower your profit...helping your tax liability. Improving overall cash flow.

EmersonHart13

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 18, 2007
So if I'm understanding it correctly. It costed you $846 out of pocket for the year for the Q5 and Model S plus fuel when you drove it. If so doesnt sound like a bad deal at all.

There were many headaches along the way.

I was out there hanging with Mike and watching him deal with a Turo renter who popped in a last minute rental seemed frustrating....

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
There were many headaches along the way.

I was out there hanging with Mike and watching him deal with a Turo renter who popped in a last minute rental seemed frustrating....

Oh I know, I read the whole thread before I used Turo over the summer.
Besides the headaches which your going to have in any business. It doesnt sound like that bad of a side gig.

Chet Donnelly

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 19, 2004
Not to mention the cars are no where near the condition of what someone that actually cared about cars would keep them in, dings, scratches, little nicks and scratches on the interior, etc. (Not that I have proof this happens, but I can only assume with high volume renting)

I'd rather just pay ~$500 a month to have my car, when I want it, cared for the way I want it cared for. Especially for relatively easily affordable cars like a Q5 or a Ghibli. Would be one thing if you were near breaking even on a Lambo and you were able to use it for yourself sometimes.

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
I will say that for the most part the cars don't get beat up any more than normal. The Tesla has a couple of small nicks but nothing that wouldn't have happened if I drove it. The Maserati has no more door dings/ damage than when I bought it. People take care of that one.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info