3800 Might be going to Michigan.......

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
and coming back with a car. My car is slowly falling apart and is in need of some desparate work. Plus the body isnt in the best shape due to ignorant people at work/parking lots. :rolleyes: I was kicking the idea around of a newer car but wasnt too sure. Then I saw this car on clubgp. Sounds like a total steal. Im got approved for the loan already and gave the bank the VIN to finalize it. I will be hearing back from the bank today with the final yes. Tomorrow Ill go sign papers and then head to Michigan to look/pick up the car. If everything goes well Ill be one of those bastard Regal owners. :lolsign:

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Thanks. It is nice looking. Just hoping I dont go up there and am unimpressed and come back with nothing. Along with paying $50 and the loan back to get rid of it. LOL. Im sure that wont be the case though. He sent me more pics and the car looks great inside and out. Plus I still have that tim king built tranny in my parents garage that I was going to use on my GP. :D

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Not sure sure yet. Ill be taking a few things from it. The SLP headers, the radio at least. The Regal comes with a kenwood unit that Ill probably throw in the GP and Ill keep my Sony. You interested? Fully loaded 4 door with HUD, leather, digital DIC, and a moonroof. It will run when Im ready to sell.

SaturdaysGS

TCG Elite Member
Jul 15, 2007
Chicago (Southside)
Damn, sounds good Brian! If the instrument cluster dims (the PRND321/odometer part) its an easy fix, you can find the writeup on RegalGS.org. Same thing for the digital climate control. That thing must handle like a dream GXP suspension components along with the GMPP handling kit. Damn, for 5k?!?! I'm jealous. I wish this would have popped up when I was in the market, oh well.

P.S. It looks to have heated seats.

P.P.S. I have chrome 9 spokers with almost brand new (2k miles, 2 months old) BFGoodrich tires on them. ;) No burnouts done, and they are a tad wider/shorter. 235/55/16 instead of 225/60/16

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Looks like a clean ride and a newer motor for $5K thats a deal. If you decide to demod ill buy those wheels back from you.

Since is sounds like such a good deal, idk maybe you would want to put down a deposit via paypal so he doesent sell the car localy.
[/b]

He asked me to put a PP deposit down. I said I would but Ill be there tomorrow check in hand and as long as there isnt anything too horrible Ill be buying the car. So he said dont worry about it. If you want the torques back Ill need some form of wheels since the only other set I have are the same RS6s with the one bent rim and blown tire. You might want to get new tires for the torques too. They still have the ones you had on em.

Nick, thanks for the heads up on the cluster. Im sure it will be an easy fix if it hasnt been fixed already. The suspension along with the engine caught my eye. I wanted something with newish suspension. Not almost brand new. :lolsign: So thats a plus. What do the chrome 9 spokes look like?? Maybe we can work something out where Mike gets his torques back and Ill get the 9 spokes. Then the GT gets the ugly ass wheels on the Regal now. Then sell it to bob. :lolsign:

I thought syp wanted a fully loaded GT. B)

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
He asked me to put a PP deposit down. I said I would but Ill be there tomorrow check in hand and as long as there isnt anything too horrible Ill be buying the car. So he said dont worry about it. If you want the torques back Ill need some form of wheels since the only other set I have are the same RS6s with the one bent rim and blown tire. You might want to get new tires for the torques too. They still have the ones you had on em.[/b]

Im just looking for another set that I can mount my snow tires on. I would like to buy some without tires if possible.

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
He asked me to put a PP deposit down. I said I would but Ill be there tomorrow check in hand and as long as there isnt anything too horrible Ill be buying the car. So he said dont worry about it. If you want the torques back Ill need some form of wheels since the only other set I have are the same RS6s with the one bent rim and blown tire. You might want to get new tires for the torques too. They still have the ones you had on em.[/b]

Im just looking for another set that I can mount my snow tires on. I would like to buy some without tires if possible.
[/b]

Ill see what happens.

I

imported_Theautoguy

Ah, finally, another Regal in the group! I'd replace the MSD wires with stock and get the Thrasher shift kit and you'll be set. (I've had bad experiences with aftermarket wires and I'm partial to the Thrasher kit.)

Avoid the chomed Regal rims; the chrome "peels" and creates leaking issues...thats what I'm going through now.

Once you get some seat-time in the Regal you'll never be comfortable in a GP again!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info