Mid engine Cadillac on the way as well?

Mook

El Presidente
Admin
Reaction score
http://gmauthority.com/blog/2018/11/mysterious-cadillac-key-fob-looks-like-it-belongs-to-mid-engine-corvette/

https://jalopnik.com/what-the-hell-is-going-on-with-this-mystery-cadillac-ke-1830222830

Just when we thought for sure that the mid engine Corvette was going to be the only GM vehicle of its kind, the internet sucker punches us with confusion. Today revealed photos of a mysterious key fob with a Cadillac logo for what appears to be a mid engined supercar. The images, found on Jalopnik, looks to be made of familiar plastic and metal, is of a new shape, and appears to have seven buttons.

The first three buttons are none too newsworthy – simply a lock button, an unlock button, and a panic alarm button. A rounded fourth button is configured in the center of the key fob, and programmed for remote start that actives when pressed twice. This button also likely indicates that whatever vehicle it belongs to is likely an automatic transmission.

The other three buttons on this alleged Cadillac key fob are equal parts curious and perplexing. They all feature the same silhouette of something rakish, low-slung, and coupe-like. Much like the shape of the mid engine Corvette seen in spy photos around Michigan, Colorado and the Nurburgring. One of these buttons appears to activate a front-mounted trunk, which is normal for an exotic car like a Porsche 911 or Lamborghini Huracan. It could just as well be a button for the hood of a front-mounted engine, but it’s doubtful, as that’s a rarity on a key fob while trunk releases are not.

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
Reaction score
Actually, I retract my statement.

While it does have the Front and Rear trunk. I missed the x2 in the red circle arrow in the middle. And that definitely looks like a Remote Start, which isn't needed on electric cars.

EmersonHart13

AKA Emerballs & Emerstaxxx
Donating Member
Reaction score

Stink Star Productions

Don’t Drive Angry!
Reaction score

Lead Pipe

I'm Tiny Riiiiiiiiick
Reaction score
I think it's a troll from the Corvette team. That key fob is probably a new design and the buttons are from the Zora.

Kensington

Donating Member
Reaction score
No mid-engine Corvette coming, will be Cadillac. C8 will retain FR configuration. :run:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom