Microwave Popcorn

ChrisRac

Still not Italian
TCG Premium
Jan 31, 2008
Gilbert, AZ
Real Name
I Think That’s Obvious
I love microwave popcorn. Its like the perfect after-dinner snack to tie me over for the night even though its not the healthiest. I always bought the "Butter" flavor and to me, just didn't seem enough. So then I graduated to "Extra Butter." Yes, it had a more-buttery taste but it still didn't give me the flavor I was looking for. Then I tried "Movie Theater Butter" which is ridiculous because everyone knows that the butter is on the top of your movie theater container and anything under it is like eating a handful of sand.

So you can imagine my excitement when I heard Pop Secret just released "Double Butter." I can't find it in stores but Amazon has it at almost $9 a box. That's a tad much for me to spend on a pack of 3. But damn do I think about it all the time.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00TFXI2OO/?tag=tcg21-20

91s2CEMljKL._SX522_.jpg

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
Take a paper lunch bag. drop in around a quarter cup of popcorn kernels (I do two handfuls or enough to coat the bottom of the bag). Double fold the top of the bag. Lay down in the microwave and cook for 2 1/2-3 mins (until popping slows way down). Remove bag from microwave and put in half a stick of real butter in a paper towel covered cup. Cook around 1/2-3/4 of a min or until butter is melted. Dump bag of pure, real popcorn in a bowl sprinkle with sea salt and drizzle with the real butter.

I guarantee this will blow away the flavor of that processed product and will be MUCH cheaper.

ChrisRac

Still not Italian
TCG Premium
Jan 31, 2008
Gilbert, AZ
Real Name
I Think That’s Obvious
Take a paper lunch bag. drop in around a quarter cup of popcorn kernels (I do two handfuls or enough to coat the bottom of the bag). Double fold the bag. Lay down in the microwave and cook for 2 1/2-3 mins (until popping slows way down). Remove bag from microwave and put in half a stick of real butter in a paper towel covered cup. Cook around 1/2-3/4 of a min or until butter is melted. Dump bag of pure, real popcorn in a bowl sprinkle with sea salt and drizzle with the real butter.

I guarantee this will blow away the flavor of that processed product and will be MUCH cheaper.

I fucking love you. Genius!

ChrisRac

Still not Italian
TCG Premium
Jan 31, 2008
Gilbert, AZ
Real Name
I Think That’s Obvious
Thanks. I actually haven't had any in months because of my diet but you are making me want it again. Only the butter is bad for you (OK, maybe the salt, too) and it's probably healthier than the processed stuff.

Wife and I are starting our diet after we get back from Arizona/Vegas at the end of the month. Trying to get all the food I love now before I can't have it anymore.

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
That's why I haven't been eating it while on my diet.

and... Don't knock it until you try it. If you're a mega butter lover on your popcorn, half a stick is about right. Do a quarter stick if you don't want so much fat.

It's not that I'm not a butter lover. It's just that HALF A STICK. That is a load of butter. I'm sure it's delicious but then I could go pluck a turd out of the toilet and cover it in a half stick of butter and it would be delicious.

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
I have bought double butter popcorn at Jewel and Walmart for cheaper than $9 a box of 3.

I also dont see using a half stick of butter for popcorn. I dont even use a half stick of butter when cooking an entire breakfast and thats with toast, hashbrowns, and anything else. :rofl:

RICH17

Dr. Pussy Slayer, MD
TCG Premium
Nov 14, 2008
The 007
Real Name
Adam Rich
Vegan organic gluten free butter?

All Kerrygold butter comes from the milk of grass-fed cows that are free of growth hormones. Our Unsalted version is an all-natural, cultured-cream Irish butter with a complex, nuanced flavor.

Kerrygold Unsalted Butter has a higher butterfat content and is a perfect butter for baking. You’ll notice its grass-fed cow’s milk richness when you bake for the first time and find your pie crusts are flakier and your cookies are more delectable thanks to Pure Irish Butter.

you can definitely taste the difference

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info