Gaming Microsoft Flight Simulator

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Now that I have an actual semi DECENT computer setup, Im getting more and more enticed by this game, especially since its on game pass. Those that are playing, are you just using an xbox controller?

Prior to the game’s launch last year, I bought a basic Thrustmaster Hotas setup for $80. Not sure if you can still get this or if there’s another version. The one I bought seems limited or discontinued stock, selling for more that what I paid. I’ve also used the Xbox controller and it works well too.

Thrustmaster T-Flight Hotas One (XBOX Series X/S & XOne and Windows) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07643TW2V/?tag=tcg21-20

Reactions: IDAFC21

YoushallgoFo

TCG Elite Member
Dec 26, 2008
Got the f14. In terms of detail, it looks and sounds amazing. It's a bit hard to fly too which kind of makes it interesting. Compared to the eurofighter it's leaps above it in detail. It also can't fly into space like the eurofighter either so I'd say it's more realistic too. I almost want to uninstall that piece of crap. Hard to recommend at almost $40 but it's cool to have a jet with working after burners in fs2020.
2021-09-10.jpg

Reactions: Bru

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Also, I'm glad I never spent any money upgrading my computer to try and make this run better when it launched. While they've dumbed it down to play nice on mediocre computers and XBOX, that's been a great strategy for me :rofl: Although I believe I read that sim update 6 will bring new LOD options to boost detail back to what it was for machines that can run it.

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
This mod has been around for a while but hopefully it can be a proof of concept to make this real-world modeling work for a car racing/adventure game.

I am pretty shocked there isnt a helicopter or a glider yet. A flighter will also keep some fan boys happy. But sounds like that is coming in December Top Gun update?

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
The update a while back really boost game performance. I wanted to try and install FS2020 on my work laptop to see how well it fares but being from the store seems you can only install it on one machine. The most recent update fixed a ton of shit including the very annoying rudder sensitivity. With any kind of real world wind the small aircraft were almost impossible to keep straight down the runway on take off. Glad to see it a bit more realistic.

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
I am pretty shocked there isnt a helicopter or a glider yet. A flighter will also keep some fan boys happy. But sounds like that is coming in December Top Gun update?

Native choppers are planned for 2022. Not sure about gliders. I'd imagine the weather model would have to support thermals, better wind modeling etc, for it to be included with any accuracy.

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
I'm pumped for the official FA/18. I guess it was supposed to launch with Top Gun, but with the movie delays they decided to dump it anyway. Nov 18.

We are adding 5 brand new aircraft to Microsoft Flight Simulator:

• Boeing F/A-18 Super Hornet: Our first military jet and a highly requested feature from the community. The Top Gun: Maverick expansion will release with the movie next Spring, but we wanted simmers to have the opportunity to test their need for speed this holiday.

WhiteKnuckle

Mopowah Baby!!
TCG Premium
Nov 14, 2019
Bedford Park
Real Name
Pete Schuch
I’ve started to get into this a little bit.
Need to try it on my pc again because it ran like shit when it first came out. I only have a i5 and 1080 so don’t expect too much.

It does run good on the series x. I find myself using an odd combination of controller/mouse/and keyboard when playing. That is the biggest barrier to me is just figuring out and remembering what everything does.

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Need to try it on my pc again because it ran like shit when it first came out. I only have a i5 and 1080 so don’t expect too much.

It does run good on the series x. I find myself using an odd combination of controller/mouse/and keyboard when playing. That is the biggest barrier to me is just figuring out and remembering what everything does.

I’m on an i5 7400 and 1070. The past few updates have really made the game run well on so-so hardware.

YoushallgoFo

TCG Elite Member
Dec 26, 2008

I play the same way. Most controls are the controller, a few of them I have mapped to the keyboard and then I use the mouse to click on the some the buttons/switches.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info