Gaming Microsoft Flight Simulator

nytebyte

Not Politically Correct
Mar 2, 2004
It's unpleasant to play with the keyboard and very difficult to make smooth control inputs. You need a dedicated stick.
On the keyboard, trying to move the rudder smoothly is impossible. Pushing the rudder key is like stomping the rudder pedal with full force.
Not practical.

I have a game controller with two sticks that would be perfect for this, but it doesn't "recognize" it.

• Haha
Reactions: wombat

wombat

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Sep 29, 2007
WI
It's unpleasant to play with the keyboard and very difficult to make smooth control inputs. You need a dedicated stick.
On the keyboard, trying to move the rudder smoothly is impossible. Pushing the rudder key is like stomping the rudder pedal with full force.
Not practical.

I have a game controller with two sticks that would be perfect for this, but it doesn't "recognize" it.
Exactly how i felt about kbm controls.

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
I've mostly spent time dialing in the graphic settings because this thing is a beast. But my first rip was to the Grand Canyon where I dove in and followed the Colorado river, banking with the canyon at full speed. I first attempted this with a Cessna Citation, but it was a little too sluggish. This guy was much more fun.

Screenshot-1.png

ZXMustang

Suh dude
Feb 19, 2019
This game is a buggy, unoptimized mess. Im not seeing decent performance on either my 7700k/2080S or my 10750h/2070S systems. Both data outputs from afterburner are showing both the cpu and GPU on both systems being way underutilized. Thats with the latest game ready drivers for both and one of the systems with a complete fresh copy of W10 2004. The game is crashing on both systems as well at various times. Man they need to get a patch out for this. Super frustrating.

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
I noticed what I think is something similar but figured that just may be how it works. Just a snapshot when CPU was at 100 percent but GPU was 34. Updated drivers beforehand too. I seemed to get a ton of initial lag, which cleared up after letting everything load and settle. Still took a lot of time to get to a sport where it was playable. Interesting that it might be the game and not hardware, which I didn’t consider.

ZXMustang

Suh dude
Feb 19, 2019
I noticed what I think is something similar but figured that just may be how it works. Just a snapshot when CPU was at 100 percent but GPU was 34. Updated drivers beforehand too. I seemed to get a ton of initial lag, which cleared up after letting everything load and settle. Still took a lot of time to get to a sport where it was playable. Interesting that it might be the game and not hardware, which I didn’t consider.
It is the game. Articles are coming out today with others talking about how CPU bound this game is and its even bottlenecking 9900k's which is a feat. They really will need to put out a patch. Anything short of a top tier system is getting like 15-20FPS. Thats less than xbox360 at 720p framerates. This is embarrassing for MS at this point. They didnt even put it out with DX12. Its DX11 only. What year is this???

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Here’s a rip up Lake Shore. My settings are turned down pretty good (no traffic, no clouds, no real-time weather, low ground detail) but it still amazes me how scale this is and how I can just pop into downtown and it’s like the real damn thing. I know this is a flight sim, but I’ve spent most my time buzzing the ground looking at the amazing detail of the cities.

Some shudders here and there. Have FPS limited to 60 and it runs about 40-60 but still some CPU shudders when the ground detail loads.

Reactions: RedBeard

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
Flight Simulator requires setting/graphics tuning for better performance? That has been the case with every version. LOL

Im sure MSFT will release patches and updates but you always needed a super computer to run these games cranked all the way up.

I remember my computer at the time ran FS2004 like dog shit. Then FSX came out and ran ALOT better on the same exact hardware.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info