May 28, 2011
South of Wisconsin.
200.gif

The Microsoft paper clip has evolved.

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
So... More non value added annoying and unnecessary intrusion in to our daily lives with MS Office? Constantly trying to outsmart us, all the meanwhile they won't listen to us pissing and moaning about putting the tasks in Outlook on the sidebar which is annoying as fuck. Oh and all the daily emails trying to invigorate me and "help" me stay on task.

CMNTMXR57

Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
It just seems that they're (as well as many others) trying to outthink/outsmart you by using this AI and it just gets to a point where it actually isn't doing any value add output and equals more frustration fighting it because what it comes up with isn't necessarily what you want no matter how much AI it interprets.

We're shopping around for an all in one Accounting/Forecasting/Reporting package to replace our two separate systems and we're down to Oracle and Workday. Both have a suite (cloud based) of "Adaptive insights" or using data driven historical trending, to try and forecast using this adaptive functioning. It's all great and slick and stuff, but just doesn't work because there are so many variables that can't be number crunched and variables outside our system.

Reactions: Lord Tin Foilhat

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
It just seems that they're (as well as many others) trying to outthink/outsmart you by using this AI and it just gets to a point where it actually isn't doing any value add output and equals more frustration fighting it because what it comes up with isn't necessarily what you want no matter how much AI it interprets.

We're shopping around for an all in one Accounting/Forecasting/Reporting package to replace our two separate systems and we're down to Oracle and Workday. Both have a suite (cloud based) of "Adaptive insights" or using data driven historical trending, to try and forecast using this adaptive functioning. It's all great and slick and stuff, but just doesn't work because there are so many variables that can't be number crunched and variables outside our system.
this is where a larger org and more advanced system would be connecting to that stuff outside of your oracle/workday instance to incorporate them too

CMNTMXR57

Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
Agreed. But again, not sure what that integration is going to change lives or make them easier.

I have zero issues now working between/integration with Outlook, Excel, Teams, PPT, etc... So I don't see what productive need there is for this. I'd rather them work on making each of the respective products better than trying to integrate them.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info