YouTube Miami Boat Ramps

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
How the FUCK did they manage that

i said it wherever else this was posted but dude shit can go south so fucking easily and so fucking quickly. algae/slime covered ramps are no fucking joke.

i never talk shit about this shit when it happens because it could legit happen to anyone.

thankgod somehow ive avoided it with however many hundreds of times ive launched boats.

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Many times I've wondered how 2WD trucks or even FWD cars/CUV's can pull out some of those larger boats and trailers. I know the tongue weight helps, but still... On a slippery surface? I'd have some serious pucker factor going 100% of the time.

hell, I get concerned even with my 4WD truck and A/T tires that I know have bite. Almost wish some ramps had embedded anchor points where you could attach a strap or winch just in case. Granted you'd have to know how long to let the cabling go before you're balls deep in water. But at least you'd know it wouldn't go any further.

Reactions: FirstWorldProblems

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Many times I've wondered how 2WD trucks or even FWD cars/CUV's can pull out some of those larger boats and trailers. I know the tongue weight helps, but still... On a slippery surface? I'd have some serious pucker factor going 100% of the time.

hell, I get concerned even with my 4WD truck and A/T tires that I know have bite. Almost wish some ramps had embedded anchor points where you could attach a strap or winch just in case. Granted you'd have to know how long to let the cabling go before you're balls deep in water. But at least you'd know it wouldn't go any further.

i bet it happens more commonly to 4wd trucks than 2wd...

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
An ex-friend used to work with for a tow company. He'd find public launches and hang out on his breaks, like at lunch, with one of the rigs. Or just chill on the weekend when he had nothing to do. Usually an F-450 snatch-and-grab, sometimes a flat-bed, whichever he was using for a daily.

He used to make bank on the weekends pulling out cars and trucks that backed in just a bit too far. He'd keep a pair of muck boots and waders in the back, just in case.

I thought it would be illegal to sit there, but he never got in trouble for it. "Sir, I was just here eating my lunch when I saw this person needed help. Just being a good samaritan.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Watch that channel enough and you will see all kinds of vehicles struggle and others not at all even though they should. So many factors at play.
giphy.gif

can legit happen to anyone. dude i worked with had it start happening, truck got in to the doors being in the water... quick thinking had seperate dude driving boat and pushed the trailer which in turn pushed the truck with the boat to get'r to safety

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
i said it wherever else this was posted but dude shit can go south so fucking easily and so fucking quickly. algae/slime covered ramps are no fucking joke.

i never talk shit about this shit when it happens because it could legit happen to anyone.

thankgod somehow ive avoided it with however many hundreds of times ive launched boats.
Wouldn't you have expected auto4wd to help pull that thing back out? I totally get how the rear tires can slip, but in a 4wd/awd vehicle I wouldn't expect that

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Wouldn't you have expected auto4wd to help pull that thing back out? I totally get how the rear tires can slip, but in a 4wd/awd vehicle I wouldn't expect that

that's just it, unless you've got straight up fuckin' wrangler rubicon/landcruiser locked differential/axles etc there's a chance it could happen to you.

Reactions: EmersonHart13

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
i also bet most of these dorks are just going in too deep to begin with.

coming out id typically splash the whole trailer so bunks were wet and then pull out just to about the fenders almost being seen and then drive on... some ramps don't let you/like you to power on though so that can be a situation also

going in go slow as fuck and stop going in once teh boat floats.

DanJ

>
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 25, 2007
Aurora
It seriously seems like they paid a couple bucks to get recommended to all of Youtube at the same time. Been watching probably a little over a month, and my brother found it about the same time. Great content all around.

Jimmy Dore indirectly talked about the channel on Rogan last week and I’m sure that helped boost them also.

Reactions: Kizzlebizz

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Fortunately I've only had one time where it was seriously concerning. My truck has an electronic locking rear diff, so as soon as I get that right-wheel-peel it hooks up the left wheel. Combined with the transfer case in Auto it does a nice and predictable job.

A friend launched his boat and during his cruise it rained heavily, which washed a bunch of dirt and soil onto the launch turning it to mud. He was spinning all four wheels, but at least wasn't sliding back. His brother had my tow strap and was nowhere to be found. So we left the boat on the dock, he pulled out his truck and we put the trailer on my hitch. I was able to get him out using 4WD and was about to go into 4-Lo.

Having my tow strap would have saved a lot of work as I'd have been on a much better surface. My friend still doesn't let his brother forget about it, "return the shit you borrow!!!!" ???

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Fortunately I've only had one time where it was seriously concerning. My truck has an electronic locking rear diff, so as soon as I get that right-wheel-peel it hooks up the left wheel. Combined with the transfer case in Auto it does a nice and predictable job.

A friend launched his boat and during his cruise it rained heavily, which washed a bunch of dirt and soil onto the launch turning it to mud. He was spinning all four wheels, but at least wasn't sliding back. His brother had my tow strap and was nowhere to be found. So we left the boat on the dock, he pulled out his truck and we put the trailer on my hitch. I was able to get him out using 4WD and was about to go into 4-Lo.

Having my tow strap would have saved a lot of work as I'd have been on a much better surface. My friend still doesn't let his brother forget about it, "return the shit you borrow!!!!" ???

you added an electronic locker to your truck?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info