Reactions: rowekmr

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
It’s nice to see some innovation in outboards. This is the way of the future. Modular power, low maintenance, less mechanical space needed inside the boat, fuel efficiency, lbs/hp

the two speed transmission is prob the biggest deal IMO. Automotive engines are light years ahead of where marine are. Marine is overdue to start adopting some technology.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
It’s nice to see some innovation in outboards. This is the way of the future. Modular power, low maintenance, less mechanical space needed inside the boat, fuel efficiency, lbs/hp

the two speed transmission is prob the biggest deal IMO. Automotive engines are light years ahead of where marine are. Marine is overdue to start adopting some technology.

so there's a wakeboat brand that had 2 speed transmissions- MB Boats... zf made it, then they ditched it

Reactions: OffshoreDrilling

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
so there's a wakeboat brand that had 2 speed transmissions- MB Boats... zf made it, then they ditched it
I’d imagine this thing winds pretty high being a V12 and these big HP motors aren’t going on a 20’ center console. Keep the ripppms down at cruise but crank it out of the hole to get these 50’ bowriders moving.

can’t wait to see one on a 21’ bass boat with a jack plate.

Reactions: Yaj Yak

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
Pretty sure arneson drives can have multiple gears, there was a merc racing outboard that had dual props back in the 80’s also it didn’t take off very well probably due to cost to produce, I think you don’t see the technology in boats due to the cost, I bet this outboard cost over 100k
$77k

I think the 7 marine engines start around that price too.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info