YouTube Mercedes AMG GT Black Series Is the New Nurburging Record Holder

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
For a production car. 6:43.616. Dethroning the Aventador SVJ. I know when I post a ring vid they seem to go largely ignored, but whatevs. This is awesome. However it does sound very Un-AMG w/ that new flat plane crank motor, and an obscene amount of fake noise gets embarrassingly pumped into these cars. I don't really think it comes as a huge shock that this car was able to do it, but just look at how effortless it is. Sub 7's in a road legal car is still insane to me.

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
You clickbait son of a BITCH.

giphy.gif

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
Every time I watch a 'ring video, i'm way more impressed with the drivers than I am the cars lol. I literally cannot imagine how much capacity it takes to memorize every turn, test each turn to the limit, then remember what you can and cannot do and where. Oh, and this obviously varies by car.

It's super easy to make one small mistake that costs you 1-2 seconds on a "normal sized" 2-3 mile, <15 turn course. Completing a near-perfect lap on a 20km course with 170 turns is just unreal

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
I found an SLS Black Series in Chicago on IG. Car is so damn gorgeous and I'm not normally a fan of Mercs.

I dont think those cars, or the SLS in general were really appreciated for what they were in their time. But man what I wouldnt do for one of those today. That N/A V8 makes such glorious noises.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info