3800 menards

F

fastcash

i have continuously went to menards to be let down...no more. home depot is the place to go for all of your hardware need

they may not have the desired personal care of a neighborhood hardware store but nonetheless they have semi-experienced people and 99% of all the merch i need.

i want to say one thing in menards defense: if they do not have what you need they WILL order it for you...but what if i need it now? :(

so, toastyj, no offense, but i am a craftybeaver (j/k) home depot guy now. so i can save big head aches from menards ;)

I

imported_Theautoguy

Unless you know what you want and where it is, Menards is useless. However, we have a new Home Depot near us now, I've gone in there for relatively simple cap screws or grade 8 hardware and nothing! Menards has a small yet complete hardware section. The Home Depot is a home improvement store, not a hardware store. That doesn't make "one-stop" enough for me.

toastyj

Regular
Jul 19, 2008
STEVE:
Dude the first time you met me was at Menards!!! I even came out and tried to help you build your intake from plumbing parts and I didn't even know you!! LOL
What gives you bald crazy bastard?!

RON:
Maybe you could vouch for me here, remember that basement drain tile thing?
Tried to help you even knowing you weren't buying anything!!??? Came back the next day with tons of advice, SKUs and everything!!!

Maybe it's all the Menards blue on this board now.... driving you all mad!!! bwa hahahahhahahah!!

-Ironman John

Ight...i totally DISagree wit you...home depot is horrible...there turning into a builders square..if any of you know what that was..i have to go to home depot cause the comany i work for has an account there...am basicly there every day...and let me tell you...the people working there are assholes..just the other day, i was directed in 3 different directions to a product they said they had...i ask one guy he said at the other end of the store....well wasn't there, asked another guy, he said the other side where i just came from and said that guy was wrong....ok, walked over there...well started too till i asked another guy and he pointed me to an aisle....well...i found the god damn padding MYSELF....i was so pissed.....the people at home depot really don't give a shit....there always like, get out of my face....i hate the store...

Know as for a hardware department.....HD and menards suck...i don't go to either...now lens ace is the best for that stuff.. HD like to carry stuff that people don't usally use around the house....i think ONCE i have found something out of like 20 things i've been there for.

As for lumber, Menards is 100% better...NEVER get lumber from HD unless you don't give a shit to have warped and shitty boards....

Eh, just found out, HD sells Drainage Piping..(Copper piping)..called DSW..or somethin like that, well we replace boilers, huge fuckin boilers all the time....and we never knew why we would get pin holes over time in the piping...well i found out, the pipes for boilers are pressure ones...NOT the ones HD sells...even though they have the right ones mixed into the plumbing section...???oh well...

As a final comment, At least, the customer support at menards is WAY better! at least they'll take some time and accually look for a product you would like to order! not just say "NO! We don't carry that!" Did yea even look asshole!?!?!? I hate that the most..HD is always to busy....

OH..Oh i forgot to mention the check out registers! HD SUCKS BALLS! Lets open up 1....if were lucky, 2 registers on a sunday afternoon...so we have to wait in line for a fricken hour!..yea..yea they got the self check out know, but damn, sometimes those are very annoying...."Place item in bagging area" IT IS DAMNIT! Then you have to wait for the dingling to fix it at the desk when there talking about how cute this guy was and if he's gonna call her or not! AHHHH

Just my .02 cents!

Tom

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info