• Hi Guest, welcome to TCG 2.0. Please refer to the FAQ in User Support before you do anything else. It will make the transition MUCH easier.

IF YOU ARE SEEING AN "OOPS" ERROR PAGE, IT IS LIKELY BECAUSE YOUR BROWSER HAS NOT UPDATED YOUR CACHE. YOU CAN EITHER CLICK FORUMS AT THE TOP LEFT OR VISIT THECHICAGOGARAGE.COM AND BOOKMARK THAT. - Love, Mook

Members' Cars Needed for TCG booth at the 2015 Chicago Auto Show - BIG UPDATE 1/19

Bru

Super Moderator
Donating Member
Reaction score
UPDATE: We are locked in, see here for more info:

http://www.thechicagogarage.com/forum/automotive-discussions/144684-members-cars-needed-tcg-booth-2015-chicago-auto-show-big-update-1-19-a-17.html#post3087384

----
Load in and out:

I'll have more specifics for participants but here's the quick info:

Move-in: Move-in for vehicles is Tuesday, February 10 and Wednesday, February 11 from 8:00am-4:00pm.

Move-out: The truck marshalling yard will not open until 7pm so if you have a trailer you will need to stage it somewhere away from the building until 7pm.

-----

TCG has an interesting opportunity to be a exhibitor at the 2015 Chicago Auto Show from February 12-22. We're not locked in yet, but the show's organizers approached us asking if we're interested in participating. Of course we are, but we need to provide them with a list of cars. That's where you guys come in.

We're looking for show-quality cars that represent TCG well and will be interesting to a large audience - ya know, the roughly 1 million people who attend the show. Show-quality would be great, but I also wouldn't rule out a drag car that was put away dirty at the end of the season with burnout tire shreds on the quarter panels. How cool would it be to see that next to a Lamborghini Aventador on the show floor?

Post up if you're interested and could commit to displaying your ride at McCormick place through the auto show. I don't have many details on load-in and out dates but could ask if you need anything specific. Feel free to pass this onto TCG members who don't frequent the site much.

The car must move under its own power unless you want to pay the union to move the car for you.

Last edited:

Mook

El Presidente
Admin
Reaction score
Really pumped about this opportunity.

RICH17

Dr. Pussy Slayer, MD
Reaction score
Damn and I had to go a get rid of the Lumina.

TCG Member 5219

Reaction score
Will go, and steal a/c and shifter knobs from whatever cars I can get my hands on.

:s00ls:

Bru

Super Moderator
Donating Member
Reaction score
Velvet ropes never stopped anyone on a mission but our booth will be roped off.

The Broken Regal

BITE BITE, SIP SIP
Reaction score
Wow, that's awesome. Hope you guys include a 3800 if smug or TG are up for it ;)

Seriously hope you can get some clean cars to represent us!

03GTGreen

Cobra Brigade Presidente
Reaction score
Very cool the peeps at the Auto Show are reaching out more and more to Chicagoland Clubs. CMC had a booth last year that supposedly drew alot of attention. looking foward to seeing what TCG brings

syP

Not Banned
Reaction score
Id be interested in the SS in clean show car status or the cobra for dirty track car or clean show car, being that is does clean up quite nice ;)

:dunno:

EmersonHart13

Member Selfie
Donating Member
Reaction score
I'll offer up the Beetle.

We need more ladies.

Bru

Super Moderator
Donating Member
Reaction score
Oooh, Raptor. Very nice.

Also like the idea of Syp's SS and a clean 3800.

Mook

El Presidente
Admin
Reaction score
Carter, would you have a backup car to drive? The raptor would need to remain at the show the entire time.

Bru

Super Moderator
Donating Member
Reaction score
Will flaming regal be show-able?

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
Donating Member
Reaction score
This is an enthusiast community, with a wide variety of cars from mild to crazy. I think having a variety of vehicles would draw the most interest. Something classic, a crazy street car, late model 4 banger (ST crew?), a junk ass 3800, truck

Mook

El Presidente
Admin
Reaction score
We definitely want a wide range of cars to show off. Jared is spot on.

Bru

Super Moderator
Donating Member
Reaction score
Totally. Our biggest strength is our diverse interests.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom