3800 Mega Millions lotto pool

I

imported_Ron Vogel

So I ran a pool at work for the big game last week. I hadn't done it in a few years, but the big jackpot warranted it.

I had to keep rolling over our little winnings everytime the jackpot rolled. Out of 267 tickets I bought on Friday, we won $23.

That's .08 per ticket.

I put it in my tank since it didn't roll over. Now I have a lady at work harrassing me on how I "screwed" everyone over at work.

WTF?

It's 8 cents!

I

imported_Ron Vogel

I had been rolling over the money, but the last game somebody won it.

General consensus so far is that I'm an ass here. What really kills me, is how fast people come to conclusions. We had a talk here yesterday that it should be donated to the Katrina releif, which was what I planned to do. Someone asked me about the winnings this morning, and I said it was less than I thought. Originally I had it figured out to be $37, but it ended up being $23. I said I just threw it in my tank. That's when the shit hit the fan.

I'm just pissed that I'm the bad guy since I took many hours of my time organizing this to have it hit me in the face because I was joking around. I had 2 ladies spend over an hour each checking that I bought all the tickets, and that I wasn't lying about the winnings. Total bullshit. They came up with the same numbers I did...what a surprise!

Sorry for the rant, it's just funny how fast people can turn on you.

MrT

TCG Elite Member
Nov 11, 2008
Lombard, IL ....USA Baby
Originally posted by framos242+Sep 20 2005, 10:56 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-rjaz gtp
@Sep 20 2005, 10:44 AM
Yeah you know what I used to be able to buy when I was a kid with 8 cents?

Jack Sh*t!
[snapback]98351[/snapback]​

I would have gotten one Bazoka with those $.08. :D
[snapback]98353[/snapback]​
[/b]
1 Bazooka Joe, then head to the RR tracks to get the 3 pennies flattened.....i was entertained all day for .08!!!!!! :lol:

staceyyearsich

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2008
Crete
Originally posted by Ron Vogel+Sep 20 2005, 10:38 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-staceyyearsich
@Sep 20 2005, 10:29 AM
I'm confused....   why did u get the money??  Shouldn't it have been divided up to be fair?
[snapback]98346[/snapback]​
8 cents?
[snapback]98349[/snapback]​
[/b]

Well there seeing it as u got 23bucks... 23bucks is more than the .08cents that would have been divided up... but it should of just went into another ticket to be fair...

People get weird when it comes to money thats why I never get involved with that stuff

dsk727

TCG Elite Member
Nov 9, 2008
Minneapolis MN
I wouldn't have told them you put it in your gas tank! That probably made them mad! LOL when we got down to the bottom there was $5 left and we all agreed to give it to the person who ran it.. as a thank you. Even though we all went and got our own tickets she compiled and copied them and made up a statement for us all to sign in case we won! :)

beyerch

Addict
Jan 20, 2009
This is why i don't volunteer to help alot anymore. NO matter what you do, someone bitches ..... Sad but true.

However, I don't think just arbitrarily taking the money (regardless of how small) was a wise decisions and that is probably why they are pissed more so than the amount....

$.02

P.S. I think you said you put it in your tank seriously and not kiddding. If you were kidding about that, then they need to lighten up....

I

imported_Ron Vogel

They need to lighten up, just to spite them I was thinking of bringing in a bag of change tomorrow and dispersing the funds.

It's only a handful (like 3 out of 52) that are being asses about it. They tell me I should donate it to the Katrina relief fund (which I planned to do originally). Funny how those people can speak for everyone else that I hadn't heard from yet.

Sometimes I say things to see the shock value, and this was one of those times (yay me...) I just didn't expect this kind of crap about it.

I think the change idea is really going to piss off one lady in particular; hehe.

I

imported_Ron Vogel

Originally posted by GraFFix@Sep 20 2005, 01:50 PM
I would bring a bag full of change and give everyone who has a problem with it 8 cents...then they have nothing to complain about.
[snapback]98385[/snapback]​
Exactly.

Also pisses me off that the main person pissed is taking the high and mighty road and says we should donate it. Great for her. It would be nice to donate it, but should she get mad at me about it; screw that! It's not her decision. We have a bake sale going on tommorrow to benefit the Red Cross. If I give everyone their money (and I know this is confusing, but a ticket was worth 8 cents, and most people would get 40 cents with what they contributed) they can take their 40 cents, and buy something from the bake sale. Which in turn would be a bigger donation than the $23 because I doubt anything in the sale will cost that little.

HA

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info