Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Now, this is nothing more than a forum discussion from a guy who claims to have see the C8, etc. But still, its worth talking about.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/articles/rumor-suggests-c8-corvette-to-cost-a-hefty-169900/

It’s safe to say that no car in recent history has been more hyped up and talked about than the forthcoming C8 Corvette. But that’s what happens when you’re allegedly taking an American icon and changing the entire drivetrain layout. Thus, we’ve been awash with more rumors and conjecture than usual in regards to Chevy’s radical new Corvette. The latest of which popped up right here at Corvette Forum recently. And it’s safe to say that you probably won’t like it.

“$169,900 is a go,” said Zerv02. “If you’re in the under 100k camp, you will be disappointed. Let the madness ensue.”

Now, if you’re a regular around these parts, you already know that this is the same member who allegedly saw the C8 Corvette interior with his own eyes. Then, he shared a sketch and some additional info about it with us. This claim, however, is more than a little shocking. Especially for those who believe the Corvette will continue its position as a value-priced supercar.
Others, including Corvette ED, don’t necessarily see a problem with it. That is, of course, if this is the price of the range-topping version with world-beating performance.

“For the top-of-the-line 1,000 hp car, that price would be good. I see the base mid-engine car having a starting price of $65,000.”

Discuss

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
I can see that, especially with all the new tech and body. If that's the fastest highest spec'd out model, I kinda see that as a bargain IMO. It's not just a leaf spring, pushrod simple car, it should be much more refined as a super car.

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
lol at base C8 vette being 66k. GM wants this thing to be a halo car. So you probably won't see something like a base Stingray in terms of price.

If anything the base model would probably be just over 70k.

Base C7 is 55k, ultimate ZR1 is nearer to 140k. So if its 170k is the rumored C8 price assuming its top tier package.

That said, I wonder if pricing the car that high might be shooting themselves in the foot.

Stink Star

Don’t Drive Angry!
TCG Premium
Jan 20, 2008
Big wood cock
I could see that being the price for a loaded out, higher performance model. Iirc there were rumors of a 5.0 (?) liter engine option on top of the 4.4L engine that we already know exists. I’d imagine if they actually really want to sell these things they have to get the super base model at least into the $70k range ($79,999 msrp). Otherwise I have little doubt that corvette will become two models, with a F/R and a M/R drivetrain layout.

guspech750

Guspech Superdriller
TCG Premium
Jan 23, 2010
North Aurora
$170,000. LOL. Dealers will then mark them up to near $200k and then it will become the white elephant corvette of the 1990’s, the ZR-1.

I can’t imagine most people who spend $150K and higher on a car think about buying a Chevy first. I would imagine they are thinking Porsche’s and Ferraris etc etc.

Not that any of that matters to me.

I hope it looks good when it officially comes out.

Chester Copperpot

Unvaxxed Untermensch
TCG Premium
May 7, 2010
Blanco el Norte
Raptor is only a few thousand more. :rofl: a fucking loaded Rubicon Unlimited is getting up near 36-38. Raptors start at 44

:bowrofl: just configured a fully loaded Rubicon Unlimited. Leather, dual tops, electronics package, $42,710. :bowrofl: Yep, Raptor.

Ok so a fully loaded Raptor with the 801A package(heated power folding mirrors, HIDs, Sync) is $50,845. Still, if I'm spending over $35000 for a nice offroad but streetable, factory warrantied vehicle, I'd still choose the Raptor all day.

How does a stripper Raptor match up to a loaded wrangler? Almost same price.

$45,610. And it's still a very nice truck.

Found em. Dated 2014. Ironically, right before I bought my first Raptor. :rofl:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info