WTB Medium end beater with a heater needed 12k budget

willsmysticcobra

Classifieds Mod
Mar 3, 2006
Algonquin
I know you guys are great at finding random fun cars and we have a few threads on it. Looking for a car to replace my mom's 2006 chevy cobalt which is succumbing to rust and overall age. Just looking for basic transportation for her much like my 2009 Accord that can get her to point A to B .

Desired:

• Japanese for reliability is preferred but open to others
  • 100k or less is strongly preferred
  • No 5 speeds
  • Can be pleb spec but would like power locks and windows
  • minimal body damage / rust
  • Open to all colors but white/ gray / silver was noted as desired from her
  • Car will not be garaged so the option to add a remote start ( meaning I know some European cars can be nightmares for those )
  • 12k price ceiling
  • Small SUV would be best but fine with sedan car.

NOMIEZVR4

TCG Elite Member
May 6, 2014
Chicago

Screenshot_20231219-152841.png

Screenshot_20231219-152858.png

willsmysticcobra

Classifieds Mod
Mar 3, 2006
Algonquin
I got a 2013 gen3 Prius, 78k needs nothing. You can take it for 10.5

It's got power windows, doors, Bluetooth and gets 45mpg. Ive had it since 63k miles.
I will keep this in mind sir. My only fear is my Mom is slow to learn new technology and im wondering if she would view this as a spaceship and not want to figure out all the features lol. Solid car though !

• Haha
Reactions: Bob Kazamakis

NOMIEZVR4

TCG Elite Member
May 6, 2014
Chicago
I will keep this in mind sir. My only fear is my Mom is slow to learn new technology and im wondering if she would view this as a spaceship and not want to figure out all the features lol. Solid car though !
its super easy to drive. Honestly they are easier than regualr cars once you drive it initially. got my mom a newer prius

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
GX470 is a solid option, just about one of the most reliable SUVs period. If you can't get 500k miles out of one you have done something very wrong or it lived in the salt belt and just couldn't make it. I love mine, drives like a sedan and they're pretty cheap, even less than your budget.

Reactions: willsmysticcobra

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
I have a 2011 Chevy HHR LT trim with just over 100,000 miles on it. No rust. Was my wife’s sisters car since like 36k, she bought it as a lease return. I bought it from her when she got her new car a few months ago just to have a spare car laying around.

Might be too much like the cobalt she has now but I was going to be listing it somewhere in the 3-4k range, have to see what the market is like.

Reactions: willsmysticcobra
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info