Measles reaches Illinois

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
Super Moderator
Donating Member
Reaction score
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
An unvaccinated person who was contagious with measles traveled through Midway airport and ended up at a hospital in Geneva. Where were you on Feb. 22 and Feb. 24/25? Hopefully not the airport or the waiting room at the hospital.

People who have been vaccinated or already had the disease should be OK. unvaccinated people are at risk for catching measles if they are near an infected person. CDC says this year may be the worst outbreak for measles since the 1960s.

People may have been exposed to measles if they were at Midway on February 22, 2019, between 9 p.m. and midnight, health officials said. Local health officials are working to notify Illinois residents who were on the affected person's flights.

The patient later sought treatment at Northwestern Memorial Delnor Hospital on February 24, 2019. People who were in the emergency department between 11:45 a.m. and 2:15 p.m. also may have been exposed to measles, as well as individuals who were in Delnor Hospital from 4 p.m. to 6:15 p.m. on February 24 and from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. on February 25.

Health officials said these are the only known public locations in Illinois where measles exposures occurred. If infected, individuals could develop symptoms as late as March 20, 2019. Symptoms include rash, high fever, cough, runny nose and red, watery eyes.
https://abc7chicago.com/health/measles-exposure-possible-at-midway-airport-delnor-hospital-/5161761/

DEEZUZ

Escrow shortage crew
Donating Member
Reaction score
im not mad.

let it wipeout all the unvaxxed and ill be cool

Marko

Reaction score
I was vaccinated. Like a long fucking time ago. Are the vaccinations good for your lifetime ?

Bub

Pitter Patter
Donating Member
Reaction score
im not mad.

let it wipeout all the unvaxxed and ill be cool
Problem is babies don't get em until I think it's 1yr so you probably don't want infants getting the measles because of some asshole.

Aircal

Reaction score
I was vaccinated. Like a long fucking time ago. Are the vaccinations good for your lifetime ?
Not always. Friend at work has a wife that's a teacher. Couple unvaccinated kids at school have the Mumps. Their 15 month old is sick so the mom got tested and her childhood vaccinated no long works. She very afraid of passing it to the baby because she is too young to get vaccinated for mumps still.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom