meal delivery services

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
wanted to post up my experience with these. single dude and lazy cook - i don't mind stuff shipped to my door to eat and nom and get on with my life.

first off, freshly - https://www.freshly.com

i haven't had these guys for months; when i was using them, they were alright. i had a few favorites and would order them frequently - although that would get a bit tiresome as well. iirc i wasn't impressed by the steak and only tried it once. the menu has slow turnover. i eventually stopped as i tried factor75 and the meals were all seeming a bit too unexciting to me. i won't describe the food as bland, but it wasn't necessarily something i looked forward to nomming on. perhaps a difference between them and factor75 might be them trying to make generically nutritionally healthy meals while factor75 may try to skew more to a particular diet? like i think factor75 will much more happily incorporate higher fat meals. i have not actually looked back since trying f75.

factor 75 - my referral link - https://www.factor75.com/get-started?referral=WEVN7

i think you get $40 off your first order, not sure what i get. but these guys are pretty solid. the menu has a lot of change - at first i found this annoying as i couldn't just pick favorites; in reality i think it has been good to try new things, plus there are usually similar meals. for example, every week there is a salmon meal. i have actually been really impressed with how well microwaving one of these fellas comes out too. the salmon meal is different every week though - from memory they can be 320 to 800 calories depending on the toppings and sides. i think there's 5 or 6 different ways they prep it, and just cycle through them as weeks go on. you can choose from anything they have, or limit your meals to a certain diet style as well. currently those categories are: keto, paleo, high protein, low calorie, low carb, dairy free, spicy, or all. additionally meals note whether they are gluten free. some dishes from my order history:

b8SpQpU.png

none of these services are cheap, although you can make them more inexpensive by bulk buying some packages. as you buy more meals, the per meal price gets cheaper.

s4gKZgb.png

for the worst case trial offer, if you do package 1 that would be $60-$40 credit = 20 / 4 = $5 / meal. you can't beat that just to try it out really!

i'm just ordering for me and eat lunch elsewhere and usually don't do a breakfast or their breakfasts (although i occasionally order some.) i'm on the 6 meal plan. additionally you can prepay for a package and get additional credits as a result. the package i have prepaid for is $900 for $1200 in credits. my actual cost of the 6 meal pack is $78.73. 900 / ((1200 / 78.73) * 6) = $9.84/meal is what i'm paying, ready to eat to my door. definitely recommend trying out if you've been looking at any of these services.

Reactions: FirstWorldProblems

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
How long in advance do you need to place the order? Do they just UPS them to your door?

I use Meal Village once or twice a week if I know I'm going to be busy. They only deliver to west burbs tho.

you can pick your delivery days. you can schedule out 2 future weeks. for my monday delivery i need to have my selections in by midnight wednesday.

I really need to look into these plans some more. It just looks like it would make life so much easier.

works well for me. i'm at work now, will just walk to gym in a bit, walk home after, be eating one of these probably within 5 minutes of getting in the door.

That's a crazy amount of money

you are definitely better off $ wise if your alternative is spending the time and cooking. i'm simply not going to do this though, or any cooking i would do would just be a small amount of all meals. i suppose i could still do fast/cheap eating fast food places, although these have me eating better stuff and better portioning.

You lost me at microwaving.

10 on ease of preparation.
3 on quality of food compared to proper cooking methods.
5 on cost compared to buying your own ingredients. Good ingredients are actually expensive, too. Bought any good vanilla lately? Prices are insane.

if the quality was bad i really wouldn't be doing it. i would say a couple things i am not a fan of though; i think asparagus does not do well getting cooked and reheated. i like asparagus but it is disappointing in one of these meals. i have asked them to replace it with practically anything else although apparently i'm in the minority or something here. steak at freshly wasn't a go but at factor75 most have been good, although sometimes i do get one with a lot more bits i'd cut around. the other is just a personal preference - i'm just not a fan of sweet potato. it's in a fair amount of dishes. i still eat it.

all the pork meals have been really good. and i have enjoyed all the salmon. it's easy to eat high protein meals and keep track of my calories and stuff with this too as i try to get a little less chubbs.

7iV2ipO.png

just picked these guys up yesterday. the bottom row dishes are new to me. am curious about most but especially how i'll like the brussels sprout one, that dish is a gamble for me.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info