McD's Spicy Nuggz

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
Day 2: Picked up another 10 piece and made sure they gave me damn mighty sauce this time. Also got a double cheeseburger for good measure to wash it all down this time.

The sauce. The sauce is definitely the star of the show here. It is a vinegar based sauce, so anyone that's not a fan of those should probably stay away, but with that out of the way, hot damn this stuff brings the heat. My mouth was pleasantly burning after the first 3 nuggets I stuffed in my face. I wasn't being shy w/ the sauce either, I was getting at least 3 good size dunks per nugget, and I actually still had sauce left when I was done. And I didn't count but I even think they gave me 11-12 nuggets at least. I definitely had more than 10.

The level of heat I was experiencing wasn't unbearable like I couldn't continue, but it definitely slowed me down :LOL:. The thing is it doesn't stick with you tho. If you stop for a few seconds and take a drink, it dissipates fairly quickly and doesn't hang around burning your mouth. But if you just sit there and stuff nugget after nugget in your face, you will feel it. The sauce DEFINITELY overpowers any taste the nugget may have. So I can kinda understand how it could be said that it doesn't matter if you have regular nuggets or not, because you're not tasting it either way. Yesterday when I was forced to use inferior sauce I did get more of the nugget flavor and spice from the nugget, but with mighty sauce, yeah forget it.

If they started doing other things w/ this sauce it would definitely draw my interest.

Still no O-ring blowouts yet either.

Sprayin

Public Enemy #1
TCG Premium
Oct 8, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
Question. In the argument between Wendy’s and Popeye’s spicy chicken sandwiches, with the Popeye’s is the spiciness in the chicken/breading or do they use a sauce?

Was thinking about trying one, but want to do a 1:1 comparison of cut vs cut instead of cut vs sauce.
Popeyes spicy is in the sauce, not the breading. I hate sauce in sandwiches, so that's why my opinion is different.

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
I do not like McDonald's normal chicken nuggets without sauce. They don't taste like much. But what taste they do have is not appealing to me. A dipping sauce is a must to enjoy them.

The spicey chicken nuggets at least have some flavor to them. I could eat these on their own as the flavor isn't offputting. But is pretty light in flavor. Definitely not hot tho. The Mights Sauce is where the heat comes from. With normal nuggets, I will use two packs for a 10 piece. With the 10 piece spicey, I ate a 4 by themselves. Just to see if the flavor was there and worth eating by themselves. For the remaining 6, I didn't even use a full packet of Mighty Sauce. I still had plenty of flavor and heat. Without going overboard. I can have issues eating McDonald's. Between that and the fact some of you said you have issues, I figured I would approach these cautiously. haha The next time I get these I will use more of the Mighty Sauce and see how things go. I typically like vinegar-based BBQ and hot sauces. Even though the Mighty sauce is the star of the plate, it tastes weird to me. Something is off in the taste of it to me.

All in all, these were ok. I think they are an upgrade from the normal nuggets due to the flavor of just the spicey nuggets. The Mighty sauce helps bring up it's score. But I would say Wendy's nuggets are better than these. Wendy's nuggets do not need a dipping sauce to taste good. The dipping sauce just adds layers of flavor to them. But hey, it's always nice to have more options available than less. Do you hear that Taco Bell?! :mad:

Reactions: IDAFC21

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
So never had any issues with the Spicy Nuggets and sauce.

However the double quarter pounder with cheese and fries, washed down by a 10pc regular nuggets I had for dinner did take the fast track through my system. Also, the regular nuggets actually had a hint of the spice to them, wondering if they're both being deep fried in the same vat of oil?

RebelGTP

Coyote Bus Lines
Jul 16, 2008
Rockford
I had my first bad experience with spicy nuggs yesterday (Sat) but not how you might think.

It was because I got them from a literal dumpster fire of a McD's down I-57 in Gilman, IL. These nuggs were stale, I mean literally. They'd likely been sitting way too long. There were other bad points to the visit but the nuggs were what I'd been craving all afternoon. I soldiered through and ate all 20, regardless. That was only because I didn't want to have to go back to the McD's, or to Burger King, to replace them with something I could enjoy more...

And these idiots want $15 an hour?

• Wow
Reactions: Shawn1112

boostedguy05

not well known
TCG Premium
Dec 18, 2010
So never had any issues with the Spicy Nuggets and sauce.

However the double quarter pounder with cheese and fries, washed down by a 10pc regular nuggets I had for dinner did take the fast track through my system. Also, the regular nuggets actually had a hint of the spice to them, wondering if they're both being deep fried in the same vat of oil?

i can believe that. that is why i dont get my kids nuggies kids meals at wendy's, might have to be careful now at mcd. :confused:

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
I dont get it....I'm not seeing what some of you guys are jizzing over. Do they taste different? Sure. I'll conceded they taste different but not in any measurable way. I definitely wouldnt say they taste "better" than the basic nuggets. I could differentiate them in a blind taste test but barely. The first one or two nuggets were better than I remembered but they rapidly fell back to just "ya these are fine". The mighty sauce is still the only reason to really bother.

I think I still prefer to the "crunch" of McD nugs to Wendys but the chicken inside the Wendy's nuggets is superior.

I kept a pack to try with Wendys maybe later this week.

Sorry guys, I'm not getting the hype.

Reactions: SpeedSpeak2me

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
I was a fan.

1601756985996.png

• Haha
Reactions: bimmer4life

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Got me some spicy nuggies w/ dat mighty sauce today. Nuggets are still just ok, but that sauce........that sauce. 10 pc nuggets, med fry, med chocolate shake....$11. wait, what? WTF mcdonalds.
They McFuckedUp my order today. Daily double is now a single.

Got the regular nuggets, which tasted of the spicy version. Guess they get deep fried in the same oil.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info