Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
8 episodes down, will save the rest for tomorrow. Some thoughts...

The soundtrack for this, while a minor complaint, is awful. Trying to incorporate the theme melody into EVERYTHING is just so cringe...not to mention the constant need for them to have a soundtrack during every single scene..even when none is needed. I do not need some CBS crime tune playing during heart to heart talks with the characters. Silence is golden sometimes.

Like Yellowstone, the writing is solid but for a show that is meant to be very grounded, you have to suspend belief a lot...like a lot. With that in mind, this reminds me of The Shield, a ton. Just without the dirty cop. Maybe a little bit of Oz but thats somewhat a stretch.

Its a good show, no doubt, and its positives outweigh the gripes. Curious to see how it all ends.

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
It's especially bad during heart to hearts with Bunny and Mike...shit like that bugs me when any show does that.
I really didn’t even notice.

In my defense, if the g/f is home I don’t have the volume up that much since I use the closed captioning. For me to hear it well enough it would be inconsiderately loud. I can hear most of the dialogue but need the CC to fill in.

Thread Info