May 20th, Everybody draw mohammed Day

zenriddles

Molon Labe - come and take them!
Reaction score
Wow.

Almost a decade has gone by since the little uproar over that Southpark episode! (201)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Everybody_Draw_Mohammed_Day

"On May 20, 2010, Nick Gillespie and Matt Welch of Reason announced the winners of the publication's "Everybody Draw Mohammed Day" contest."

Moynihan commented, "In the South Park episode that started all this, Buddha does lines of coke and there was an episode where Cartman started a Christian rock band that sang very homo-erotic songs. Yet there is one religious figure we can't make fun of. The point of the episode that started the controversy is that celebrities wanted Muhammad's power not to be ridiculed. How come non-Muslims aren't allowed to make jokes?"

That was one hell of a dust up as I recall. I thought it was funny as hell then, I still do now, too.

blakbearddelite

I'm not one of your 'shit-hole' buddies!
Donating Member
Reaction score
While I hate how PC we've become, this is something I can't get behind. While I think it is silly that the drawing of Mohammed is deemed offensive, I wouldn't draw him to deliberately offend someone. If the drawing itself was offensive or he was depicted as doing something vulgar, I get it.

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Reaction score
how many tcg'ers support this while simultaneously claiming high treason against the state for burning a flag?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom