Netflix Masters of the Universe: Revelation

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Mark Hamill (Skeletor), Chris Wood (He-Man), Sarah Michelle Gellar (Teela), Lena Headey (Evil-Lyn), Henry Rollins (Tri-Klops), Griffin Newman (Orko), and more.

giphy.gif

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
Just finished up part 1. I enjoyed it. You get a nice heap of nostalgia in the first episode, but then it goes on its own path from there. Which is actually pretty smart. Any time Im watching something that dives too deep into the nostalgia well, I just find myself wishing I was watching the original instead. This show definitely pulls some things you wont expect, but I think that makes it better off for it. If I'm being honest, the whole tone and presentation of the show kinda felt like I was watching Marvel's He-Man :LOL: Just the big style of the battles, and even the soundtrack felt very Avengers-esque to me at times. It's still written with kids in mind, but has some moments for adults also.

All in all not a bad waste of an afternoon, and I'm definitely wanting part 2 now.

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
I'm not going to say it was Awesome, cause it did have some faults.

Overall, I kind of felt the voice acting was a bit weak. Hamill and Headey stole the show, followed by Eisenberg. That Hamill and Eisenberg stand out is not a surprise, both have tons of experience in VA roles. Kevin Conroy was mostly forgettable as merman, which was a surprise.

But SMG as Teela, who is arguably gets the most screen time was fairly flat in on the emotional range. This is one of those times I think they should have gone after Jennifer Hale (Femshep's VA) for the role of Teela. I didn't think SMG was bad, just didn't really get a sense of anger at the betrayal bits.

That said, I will probably re-watch it. And definitely will watch Part 2.

They should have just released it as a single 2hr movie instead of 5 24m episodes.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info