Mask Police

cdh027

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Mar 10, 2004
Sunny Florida
Customer flashes gun at worker asking him to wear mask in Illinois store, police say (yahoo.com)

A face mask dispute at an Illinois store ended with a man in custody Wednesday, police say.

Police responded to a Menards home improvement store in Batavia just after 2 p.m. following a call about a customer with a gun, police said in a news release.

When they arrived, officials learned that a worker had approached the customer — later identified as 51-year-old Timothy Ruschke — and asked him to put on a face mask in accordance with the store’s COVID-19 policy.

That’s when police say the man lifted his shirt and showed the worker a gun tucked into the waistband of his pants.

The worker was “alarmed and disturbed,” police said.

Officials arrived at the scene and say they found the man in the store still armed.

Ruschke was arrested and charged with disorderly conduct — a misdemeanor, police say. A court date is pending.

Batavia is roughly 40 miles west of Chicago.

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Customer flashes gun at worker asking him to wear mask in Illinois store, police say (yahoo.com)

A face mask dispute at an Illinois store ended with a man in custody Wednesday, police say.

Police responded to a Menards home improvement store in Batavia just after 2 p.m. following a call about a customer with a gun, police said in a news release.

When they arrived, officials learned that a worker had approached the customer — later identified as 51-year-old Timothy Ruschke — and asked him to put on a face mask in accordance with the store’s COVID-19 policy.

That’s when police say the man lifted his shirt and showed the worker a gun tucked into the waistband of his pants.

The worker was “alarmed and disturbed,” police said.

Officials arrived at the scene and say they found the man in the store still armed.

Ruschke was arrested and charged with disorderly conduct — a misdemeanor, police say. A court date is pending.

Batavia is roughly 40 miles west of Chicago.
How stupid do you need to be? Brandishing a gun at a store over a mask?
giphy.gif

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
He should lose all of his rights of gun ownership.

I wouldnt be against that, but only if they started doing it for all gun crimes..... Seeing people get slaps on the wrist and get away with straw purchases is exhausting when they want to keep adding laws that they wont enforce to fuck with law abiding gun owners.

Reactions: Lord Tin Foilhat

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
I wouldnt be against that, but only if they started doing it for all gun crimes..... Seeing people get slaps on the wrist and get away with straw purchases is exhausting when they want to keep adding laws that they wont enforce to fuck with law abiding gun owners.

I am just speaking in general. Someone who exhibits that type of brash/stupid behavior doesn't deserve to own a gun. They aren't not a responsible gun owner.

Reactions: FESTER665

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Yeah, at Walmart. They lifted the requirement if you are vaccinated. Even applies to employees.

No way they’re going to unfuck this chicken and tell people to start wearing masks again.

It is still the business’s discretion as to whether they want to require masks though.

Lead Pipe

TCG Sub-par Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2010
I'm in Las Vegas this weekend and it's "optional for vaccinated people" which means pretty much no one is wearing a mask. It's also the busiest I've ever seen it here (and I've been here 50 times easily over the years).
Same in Florida. I couldn’t find a parking place at St. Pete Beach. I wore a mask the first day then stopped.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info