Mask Police

ChrisRac

Still not Italian
TCG Premium
Jan 31, 2008
Gilbert, AZ
Real Name
I Think That’s Obvious
If you’re in the store and you see someone not wearing a mask, do you say something to them or make it known somehow you acknowledge they’re not wearing one? Or do you just leave them be?

Everytime I go to the store, there are countless people not wearing one. And then there are countless people who confront them. I personally could give two shits and wish I had the gall to not wear a mask in public. But I never want to go down either lane of that road, especially when I’m with my kids.

ChrisRac

Still not Italian
TCG Premium
Jan 31, 2008
Gilbert, AZ
Real Name
I Think That’s Obvious
I’d never say anything. Not worth confrontation. That’s the duty of the business to ask people to wear them, not mine.

I agree it’s not worth the confrontation.

BUT… does the business really want to put their associates, especially those younger and older ones making shit for money, in the position to confront someone? At my hotel, I would never put my associates in that position. But maybe that’s just me.

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
I ran into a friend I haven't seen in YEARS coming out of the store near where I live, obviously i recognized him because he wasn't wearing his mask. So I pointed at him (I had on sunglasses and a mask) and was like hey man! He turns, points at me and says "FUCK YOU MAN, mind your own fucking business" LOL.

I told him who I was and he was like "ohhh shit, my bad. I thought you were going to say something about not wearing a mask."

It's just like :dunno: why don't you just wear one, then nobody will bother you at all??? I mean, you do you, IDGAF but if you're going to get so upset about it just put it on and STFU.

stock-t-bird

THORNTON QUARRY
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2008
Thornton Quarry
I agree with Offshore..not worth the hassle/confrontation..get used to it,the Virus is not going away.It's going to be the new Normal

I cant see how a thin piece of cloth will prevent the spread.

I fart,it passes through thick Duluth underwear..then through thick jeans..the gas makes an odor...co-workers say You Stink..

so how the fuck is a paper thin "mask" going to protect you,wrong scenario,but i hope it makes my point
will the mask protect you from my fart..doubt it

yes,wearing the thin cloth mask in public to avoid the Karen's

Reactions: Shawn1112

Sprayin

Public Enemy #1
TCG Premium
Oct 8, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
1dbp6s.jpeg

SMRTSS1

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 12, 2010
Elgin
Not my circus, not my monkeys.
If someone doesn’t want to wear one it’s on them and it’s not my job to tell them to wear one or not. I will however step in when a cackling Karen is screaming at a tiny female Target employee to the point where the poor girl is almost in tears all because the girl told the woman to put her mask on.

LikeABauce302

TCG Elite Member
Aug 27, 2013
South suburbs
Real Name
Matt
It's not worth the headache of a confrontation. People have been shot or stabbed over mask disputes. If a store associate wants to politely ask someone to put on a mask, that's fine. Not worth escalating beyond that.

If I'm concerned by someone not wearing a mask, I'll just go to a different aisle and circle back to that one. It's easy enough to stay away from people.

Reactions: greasy

VenomousDSG

Don't Tread On Me
TCG Premium
Apr 30, 2006
Yorkville, il
See people without them, don't care.... Life is too short to get into confrontations with people you don't know, and possibly get shot or stabbed triggering someone loony.

Let people be, if you want to wear one, wear one. If you're scared of catching shit from people not wearing one, do your shopping at home and request curbside pickup.

Aircal

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Nov 10, 2008
Countryside
Real Name
Tom callahan
I don't really go to any stores lately. But would not stop anyone in the store. Would throw some smart ass remarks in their direction though...lol
I do think it bullshit to not wear you mask and make some poor minimum wage person have to ask you to put one on. Life is hard enough right now with out causing unnecessary problems.

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
If you’re expelling unusual amounts of fluids out of your face, like sneezing/coughing and you have to go into public close to others, wear the mask.

If you’re not, IDGAF. Most major stores require them. The smaller independently owned ones usually don’t care. I’ll stick my head in and see what’s trending (mask/no mask), confirm it with who is working, then go that route.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info