Disney+ Marvel's Daredevil

Lead Pipe

TCG Sub-par Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2010
So... Does this start right after Defenders or something? I recapped s2 and I have no idea where the opening explosion came from.... I'm so confused.

I posted this in the Defenders thread which no body reads any more.

So I'm a little late to the game but we just got Netflix back. I started DD season 3 and was totally lost till I realized Defenders leads right up to it. So I decided to go back and watch defenders since I hadn't.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
3 eps left...gonna try and finish it up tonight. And since I'm still talking to myself, I will continue to share my thoughts.

The fight scenes are still great and Fisk remains the star for me...but I would not consider this season "great" or even reference Dark Knight in the same sentence (like some sites have). Its fairly boring most of the time with everyone having a pity party. The nun twist was interesting as was the kitchen scene (spoiler free)...I really like those as I legit did NOT see them coming.

But overall, the show drags a bit...and while I do love Fisk (and the introduction of Kingpin)...there is no way this dude is THAT god damn smart....or the FBI that fucking stupid :rofl:

Hopefully the final 3 eps send this season off with a bang.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
I'm super conflicted now that I finished the finale....I dont think it was a particularly good ending. Very cookie cutter. Maybe they were afraid of being canceled so they ended it with no legit loose ends? I just dont see what made this so great. I mean it was enjoyable and thats what counts but I wouldn't go out of my way to watch it again.

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
Got through episode 6 last night. Pacing has definitely been odd this season, but things are definitely picking up. Matt sure does get the shit kicked out of him a lot this season. But the fight scenes are still top notch as usual. So raw and brutal. And D'Onofrio is just so fantastic as Fisk.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
WOW. And there it is. Daredevil also shitcanned.

Deadline received a statement from Netflix saying, “Marvel’s Daredevil will not return for a fourth season on Netflix. We are tremendously proud of the show’s last and final season and although it’s painful for the fans, we feel it best to close this chapter on a high note. We’re thankful to showrunner Erik Oleson, the show’s writers, stellar crew and incredible cast including Charlie Cox as Daredevil himself, and we’re grateful to the fans who have supported the show over the years. While the series on Netflix has ended, the three existing seasons will remain on the service for years to come, while the Daredevil character will live on in future projects for Marvel.”

Daredevil is the third Marvel/Netflix collaboration to be canceled, leaving Punisher and Jessica Jones as the last remaining series on the streaming provider. Both have new seasons on the horizon: The Punisher will return sometime in early 2019, while Jessica Jones is currently in production. Coming off the heels of Luck Cage and Iron Fists' cancellation news, the future of the Marvel/Netflix universe doesn't look promising.

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
I started this a couple days ago and only have one episode left. It sucks that its canned, but Ill still finish it. This series is awesome, and IMO Daredevil is the gold standard for the Marvel Netflix series. I hope they do go to the Disney platform and keep the cast the same.

The pacing was off at some points, but I didnt mind some of the backstory.

Also, am I the only one thinking I want/wanted to see Bullseye go all Colin Farrel? :bowrofl:

d71007b0399203a8ca6a78a3b20eac1f.gif

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info