Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
So can any nerds tell me whether or not Punisher and Elektra happened at the same time in the comics? I would have preferred one or the other this season, not both. I was never a Daredevil fan so much of this is dark territory for me.

The story felt muddled for me. I'm not sure which season I liked more, I want to lean towards the first. Characters were advanced and given more depth in s2 but Im not sure if it was the right depth (maybe a lot of that had to do with the hit or miss dialogue)...Karen really stepped into her own, which was nice...gave the show a true detective angle. Kingpin kind of felt like an afterthought to a degree, just kind of a set piece to advance Punishers story. They tried to make Foggy his own man but I dont think it worked all that well, for me at least. Well, up until the finale at least where they had a show crossover.

Punisher will obviously be back, which pleases me, and in that time, its likely Kingpin will be out or be a more pivotal part of the story again. This season felt FAR more like the Punisher / Karen show than Daredevil.

Despite my paragraphs, I did enjoy the season...I think I was just expecting a bit more from it. Season 3 should be pretty fantastic. Each character has a story to follow now, which is good.

The brutality of this season was definitely insane. I think that may have overshadowed a lot.

In closing, Karen is stupid hot.

Waaaaaaaaaait .......wtf ending?!?! :eek3:

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
Brutality was definitely off the charts this season. And I've loved how Karen has come into her own since the start of the show. I do however think Foggy had some great moments this season, tho the way he and matt continued to butt heads this season felt like old hat. There definitely was a lotta setup for season 3 w/ the Kingpin stuff, so I cant wait to see how all that plays out. The chick that played elektra was great. And hot. And Bernthal as the punisher was such a good role for him. Definitely need more of that.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Ya, Foggy and Matts "drama" felt a bit forced, something I again attribute to the writing. All of it felt a bit off. The dialogue felt almost juvenile at times...might be the wrong word...simple? Some of Matt / Daredevils speeches just kind of fell flat.

The writing for Punisher was good tho.

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
JK
That prison scene (that Mook liked the spoiler of so much) was amazingly brutal and then that walk off after the house I think I literally said "fuck yes!" out loud.

Karen's character is pretty good for a supporting role with all that digging but I was annoyed with her not listening or letting Matt explain himself. Also, she tells foggy there was a girl in his bed yet nothing about an old as fuck blind man in his living room? :rofl:

Bob Kazamakis

TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
JK
I also like the smaller details of Matt's blindness when he gets sucker punched or just flat out misses. There's also the scene where Melvin tries to show him his new suit and he just stares at it :rofl:

So glad that horrendous movie had no bearing on this series. When it was raining all hard I fully expected some sort of bullshit hearing sight thing happening.

Bob Kazamakis

TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
JK
They replies to another guy and basically said the show has been out for a few days and even then, the screenshot doesn't spoil anything. How did it not??
That scene is so insane and then just the instant quietness (other than frank catching his breath) as they pan out to the massacre that's just occurred......yea not ruined at all :picard:

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
The only real thing that bothers me about how the handle his character.. Whenever he enters a scene, he's either standing staring down, or rising to stand them staring down. Drives me nuts :rofl:

Oh! And does everyone somersault over walls when they're jumping? Fuck lol

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
So can any nerds tell me whether or not Punisher and Elektra happened at the same time in the comics? I would have preferred one or the other this season, not both. I was never a Daredevil fan so much of this is dark territory for me.

My buddy was HUGE into Daredevil, so I can verify with him when I talk to him this weekend, but as much as I remember much of the storylines this season are pretty much following how they were in comics. They take some liberties of course, but they follow them...

zP2WaFq.png

Look familiar? :rofl:

Whats going on with Elektra at the end of the series also happened in the comic if I'm not mistaken...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info