Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Just watched the first episode. Loved it. The show itself is half documentary and half fiction. They continually jump to the future (2033 currently) and the past, 2016...and focus (so far) on the challenges Space X faced with landing a rocket.

First episode was straight and to the point...no build up of how they got there, no fancy futuristic bullshit tech. Everything in the "fiction" part of the show is highlighted by real science in the present day. Really well done. I hope it continues.

The trailers dont do it justice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AfteeECf5U4

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
God Damnit... Why do I get the feeling the writers are going to start injecting bullshit drama into the character dynamics. I mean obviously this kind of stuff would happen IRL... But if they're gonna time jump, don't just start randomly drumming up drama with new and old characters instantly.

It feels like this show is going to quickly turn generic now. The tense moments of landing on Mars, surviving with a small crew is what instantly gripped me... Now there is a functional village...which is just another show.

Hope this is just a minor hiccup.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• Mook
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list