TV Mars [Netflix / Natgeo]

Mook

El Presidente
Admin
Reaction score
Just watched the first episode. Loved it. The show itself is half documentary and half fiction. They continually jump to the future (2033 currently) and the past, 2016...and focus (so far) on the challenges Space X faced with landing a rocket.

First episode was straight and to the point...no build up of how they got there, no fancy futuristic bullshit tech. Everything in the "fiction" part of the show is highlighted by real science in the present day. Really well done. I hope it continues.

The trailers dont do it justice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AfteeECf5U4

IDAFC21

WOW.
Super Moderator
Donating Member
Reaction score
Ive been watching this show since it started. Its quite enjoyable. Didnt know it was on netflix, tho it appears netflix only has the first season.

Mook

El Presidente
Admin
Reaction score
Ya.. Ill have to snag the second season.

2nd episode done. Show is fantastic.

Mook

El Presidente
Admin
Reaction score
The documentary portions are fascinating.

Mook

El Presidente
Admin
Reaction score
So is this foreign dude at the head of the Mars mission supposed to be Musk? (or a fictional version of him)

Mook

El Presidente
Admin
Reaction score
Ep 4 now. They jump ahead a good amount. Im ok with that. The show doesn't waste time with bullshit filler.

Mook

El Presidente
Admin
Reaction score
God Damnit... Why do I get the feeling the writers are going to start injecting bullshit drama into the character dynamics. I mean obviously this kind of stuff would happen IRL... But if they're gonna time jump, don't just start randomly drumming up drama with new and old characters instantly.

It feels like this show is going to quickly turn generic now. The tense moments of landing on Mars, surviving with a small crew is what instantly gripped me... Now there is a functional village...which is just another show.

Hope this is just a minor hiccup.

Mook

El Presidente
Admin
Reaction score
Also, why does the asian captain's eyes always look like she just got done giving a rough BJ when she does her up close messages :rofl:

Edit: Holy FUCK, that dust storm wall :eek3:

BS ISF

Donating Member
Reaction score
Easily one of the best shows I've watched recently. Really liked the docu/script setup.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom