• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Mark's Marauder Build

Zack

4 Doors 4 Life
Mar 21, 2004
NW Indiana
Got the intercooler circuit done today.

Making the coolant reservoir fit in the battery box was a royal PITA. Working out the hose routing was tricky do to tight spaces.
You will see I mounted the intercooler pump directly to the underside of the battery box.

100_3138.jpg

100_3140.jpg

100_3143.jpg

100_3144.jpg

100_3139.jpg

Zack

4 Doors 4 Life
Mar 21, 2004
NW Indiana
Absolutely fabulous work Zack! I think you set the standard in making both your work and thought process visible. You create a lot of confidence in the work you do

Thanks Mark.

Theoretically, I should be far far along with the project by next weekend.

Ive been trying to guess what power it will make. What compression in the shortblock you had done? Tha will determine the boost.

Zack

4 Doors 4 Life
Mar 21, 2004
NW Indiana
I'm sure there are a number of thought processes on this but my understanding is the consistency of e85 is variable. I would need to check each fill up with a test strip - will the tune allow me multi settings to account for conditions?

The beauty of E85 being lower (like E75) is it will be richer, not lean.

If you dont want to second guess yourself, then stick with 93 octane.

With the relatively high compression you have, and the 16-18psi the blower will make, timing will be very limited with 93.

You will no doubt make about 50 more rwhp if you use E85.

Your call!

Zack

4 Doors 4 Life
Mar 21, 2004
NW Indiana
Ok, thanks to Kurgan for a reality check.
I was going to install a GSL 392 pump inline to have enough fuel for E85.

Yeah oops. I guess its dumb to feed a 255lph with a 400lph. Would it work? Probably. Am I moving forward with it? umm no. LOL

So now I got Mark all excited about E85 but it may not be feasible without re-designing a lot.

Maybe we can take 10 gallons of 110 octane and have it tuned on that? That way you have readily available, consistent gas for the track.
Let me know!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info