March for our lives march

zenriddles

Molon Labe - come and take them!
Reaction score
Ironic how many heavily armed personnel were on hand to defend those who would take away our guns to defend against mass-murderers.

https://www.theblaze.com/news/2018/03/24/photos-armed-police-military-protect-thousands-at-march-for-our-lives-gun-control-rally?utm_source=Sailthru&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=TheBlaze Daily PM 2018-03-24&utm_term=TheBlaze Daily PM - last 270 days

Would have been doubly ironic if the mass murderers finally upped their game away from primitive guns.
What would have happened if a F250 with a snow plow at 80 mph had ripped through the crowd?

It is NOT the guns, dumbasses. It is the MASS-MURDERERS. God help us when they figure out that guns are NOT the best way to kill lots of people...

Marko

Reaction score
So many morons just jump on the bandwagon

Mr_Roboto

Doing the jobs nobody wants to
Donating Member
Reaction score
Why is there so much talk about gun control when ultimately there's so little of the failures of government at so many levels?

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
Super Moderator
Donating Member
Reaction score
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
Amy and I were listening to the news while driving today. News mentioned gun control vs. mental health treatment and Amy immediately said mental health was the better answer. I married well.

Blood on Blood

rumble baby rumble
Reaction score
Inlaws - good to see the protests today.

Me - folks protesting against their Constitution and rights is a good thing?

Inlaws - they are protesting for better gun control, such as you have to be 21 yrs old to buy one.

Me - you are gun owners, but the vast majority, maybe 85 - 90% of mass shooters were 21 yrs old or older. That said, don’t you have to be 21 DS old to buy a hand gun?

Inlaws - we’ll we don’t think people should have AR15s. Those are military / police rapid fire weapons

Me - the AR is a semi-auto rifle, 1 pull of trigger, 1 bullet. It is not an automatic military weapon. AR15 ability to fire is no different than a pistol.

Inlaws - don’t you care about kids being killed?

Me - approx 12% of mass shootings since 1980 involved a semi-auto rifle. Over 85% was the result of a handgun. If folks want to cut down on mass shootings then start with banning the most popular gun type used. The media and politicians have an agenda.

Inlaws - you are pro-AR15

Me - I don’t own one, but I do look at data before making a decisions

Inlaws - Good, they are dangerous

Me - one could argue shooters are equally, if not more dangerous, using shotguns and pistols. God help us when shooters switch to shotguns.

Me - interesting point, statistically, #1 Killer of kids is their parents by beatings, choking and drowning. Not by shooters, let alone by a gun.

Inlaws - let’s change the subject.

Blood on Blood

rumble baby rumble
Reaction score
Continue to believe the more effective approach for kids to adopt is the Stand Up movement:

-Treat one another with dignity / respect
-Attempt to befriends loners
-Inform an adult after witnessing strange behavior

SleeperLS

Desert Racer
Donating Member
Reaction score
What does this group want to happen as far as gun control? What are they hoping to accomplish?

importcrew

Forum Sponsor
TCG Sponsor
Donating Member
Reaction score
I was going back and forth with a few people on an Elgin page on fb about how lax the enforcement is on current gun laws. I stated facts about how we already have the gun laws people are crying about. The same lady also mentioned that the NRA throws money to politicians and that they're a big problem to this situation (mass murderers?!?). I stated more facts about how the NRA isn't even close to the top at contributing to politicians and stated that no organization or corporation should contribute to politics for influence.

She said I was spewing bullshit. I set the record straight, stating that she was ignorant of the laws we have currently, and yet she's crying for the laws we already have. Mentioned to her that she should educate herself before she continues to spread misinformation.

Ended the post with a GIF dropping the mic. Haven't heard back from her since. Lol.

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Reaction score
Inlaws - good to see the protests today.

Me - folks protesting against their Constitution and rights is a good thing?

Inlaws - they are protesting for better gun control, such as you have to be 21 yrs old to buy one.

Me - you are gun owners, but the vast majority, maybe 85 - 90% of mass shooters were 21 yrs old or older. That said, don’t you have to be 21 DS old to buy a hand gun?

Inlaws - we’ll we don’t think people should have AR15s. Those are military / police rapid fire weapons

Me - the AR is a semi-auto rifle, 1 pull of trigger, 1 bullet. It is not an automatic military weapon. AR15 ability to fire is no different than a pistol.

Inlaws - don’t you care about kids being killed?

Me - approx 12% of mass shootings since 1980 involved a semi-auto rifle. Over 85% was the result of a handgun. If folks want to cut down on mass shootings then start with banning the most popular gun type used. The media and politicians have an agenda.

Inlaws - you are pro-AR15

Me - I don’t own one, but I do look at data before making a decisions

Inlaws - Good, they are dangerous

Me - one could argue shooters are equally, if not more dangerous, using shotguns and pistols. God help us when shooters switch to shotguns.

Me - interesting point, statistically, #1 Killer of kids is their parents by beatings, choking and drowning. Not by shooters, let alone by a gun.

Inlaws - let’s change the subject.
i have an epically long facebook back and forth with a former coworker, who believes the answer is obvious, common sense, he's data driven and all the data proves it. couldn't have picked a worse trio of charts to make this argument from, says population comparison between us and other countries doesn't matter, thinks japan is fair to compare to, doesn't seem to recognize there is a stark difference between preventing homicides and preventing suicides, etc.

people don't care, sounds like your inlaws don't even understand basic things about guns like the semi-autos they didn't ban are just as effective as the ones they did.

they are simply desperate for a win that makes them feel good. if the result is no lives saved it doesn't matter, they feel good about taking an action vs. doing nothing (politician's fallacy.) if no lives are saved but it annoys gun owners - welp, that's also a win to them.

importcrew

Forum Sponsor
TCG Sponsor
Donating Member
Reaction score
Clear backpacks are the answer
Just ask Chicago. Lol. I think at one point, some U46 schools wanted to do this as well. But I could be wrong. I do know a lot of Chicago schools did require clear backpacks. My nieces had to use them.

Blood on Blood

rumble baby rumble
Reaction score
i have an epically long facebook back and forth with a former coworker, who believes the answer is obvious, common sense, he's data driven and all the data proves it. couldn't have picked a worse trio of charts to make this argument from, says population comparison between us and other countries doesn't matter, thinks japan is fair to compare to, doesn't seem to recognize there is a stark difference between preventing homicides and preventing suicides, etc.

people don't care, sounds like your inlaws don't even understand basic things about guns like the semi-autos they didn't ban are just as effective as the ones they did.

they are simply desperate for a win that makes them feel good. if the result is no lives saved it doesn't matter, they feel good about taking an action vs. doing nothing (politician's fallacy.) if no lives are saved but it annoys gun owners - welp, that's also a win to them.

Think most out there marching are looking for a feel good win, even if the results does nothing to stop firearms related death.

They need to go back to This Is Drugs, This Is Your Brain On Drugs

Mr_Roboto

Doing the jobs nobody wants to
Donating Member
Reaction score
That's pretty well why a lot of gun owners don't have any interest in the "conversation." It's more like the kind of conversation someone has when they take your phone and wallet while robbing you.

DanJoy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
It’s pretty clear they don’t want to have a conversation at all. This side just wants to yell and grandstand til they get their way. It’s not about a compromise.

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Reaction score
Typical. If you don't give up your gun rights in response to a statistically insignificant event, you don't care about children!

Little Timmy has a better chance of being struck by lightning on the playground than he does a bullet.
fb friend just posted this

i said he shoulda stayed in math class

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom