• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Marauder Turbo Project Thread

Zack

4 Doors 4 Life
Mar 21, 2004
NW Indiana
Forgot to show everyone my new plates!!

2012-12-03_21-38-50_130.jpg

Zack

4 Doors 4 Life
Mar 21, 2004
NW Indiana
I cant believe some guy said my crossover pipe looks terrible on another website.

A: Its not done
B: Its made from 2 different exhaust pipes
C: Im sending everything to be professionally welded
D: Everything is getting thermal coated Black.
E: Whats wrong with the design?
F: Seriously!

guspech750

Guspech Superdriller
TCG Premium
Jan 23, 2010
North Aurora
I cant believe some guy said my crossover pipe looks terrible on another website.

A: Its not done
B: Its made from 2 different exhaust pipes
C: Im sending everything to be professionally welded
D: Everything is getting thermal coated Black.
E: Whats wrong with the design?
F: Seriously!

I just read that a few moments ago. To say the least. I was shocked baffled. It's obvious to any normal automotive person they are not done.

Zack

4 Doors 4 Life
Mar 21, 2004
NW Indiana
Well I suppose they can just go buy a professional kit that looks nicer.
Oh wait...

Oh, another thing, what this is costing me so far:

Turbo: $1000
Piping, Wastegate, clamps, BOV, Wrap, Turbo feed/drain stuff so far: ~$900-1000
Intercooler: $275
Mach 1 Upper: $120

Yet to buy:
All intercooler piping, couplers and clamps.
Downpipe stuff
Intake piping/filter/coupler

In all honestly, this isnt costing that much.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
forgive me but what material is the piping... i dont know if you said it yet or not...

when I went turbo with my gtp- i went from an intercooled/header/etc setup and after selling a shit ton of my mods, only wound up paying around 800-1000 bucks to turbo my car- and that is with vendor made hotside parts and then went a second quicker on less boost. which is okay by me.

this is awesome. keep it up.

01bluesnake

D Mark Performance
TCG Sponsor
Jul 8, 2009
Hey Zack, didnt notice any mention of the brand V bands getting used for the project. Definitely pick up some RPS units that have a interlock type feature to cut down on leaks. Standard flat face V band flange setups work, but seem to always get a little leakage even after being surfaced and high temp sealant used. They are little more pricey but well worth it for peace of mind and to be leak free.

Zack

4 Doors 4 Life
Mar 21, 2004
NW Indiana
Hey Zack, didnt notice any mention of the brand V bands getting used for the project. Definitely pick up some RPS units that have a interlock type feature to cut down on leaks. Standard flat face V band flange setups work, but seem to always get a little leakage even after being surfaced and high temp sealant used. They are little more pricey but well worth it for peace of mind and to be leak free.

That's what im using Drew!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info