Marauder only parts?

4DoorBlackTop

Reaction score
Hey I just wanted to know what Marauder only parts we have on our cars. Excluding cosmetics. We know we have Lincoln Aviator engines, but I didn't know the upper radiator hose was a MARAUDER ONLY part.

Is they anything else mechanical that only a Marauder has?

Just curious.

SC Cheesehead

God Speed Blues Brother
Reaction score
PS cam cover is different on the Marauder. PCV inlet boss is located on the front of the Marauder cover, and it's to the rear on the one for the Aviator.

I didn't realize this until we put on the powder coated cam covers on my car. They're off an Aviator motor and we had to reroute the PCV hose accordingly.

Before and after.

Attachments

massacre

Reaction score
^^^ this happens when using different covers, I went through hell with my B head covers.

SC Cheesehead

God Speed Blues Brother
Reaction score
^^^ this happens when using different covers, I went through hell with my B head covers.
Yeah, we didn't realize it until after we got the covers installed. It actually worked out pretty well in my case and the C&L intake tube has a couple hose fittings on it, so just a matter of routing a new hose from the rear fitting and capping off the front one. I like the looks of the Aviator cover better, much cleaner appearance, IMO.

massacre

Reaction score
The B heads have those bungs located in the center of the covers, up at the top, which totally interfered with my Mach 1 intake/TB. I had to run a TB spacer(which I really didn't want to do) in order to just clear it.

Yaj Yak

Harbor Master
Donating Member
Reaction score
so how hard would it be to make an aviator fast then...

Bodyman

Reaction score
Yeah, we didn't realize it until after we got the covers installed. It actually worked out pretty well in my case and the C&L intake tube has a couple hose fittings on it, so just a matter of routing a new hose from the rear fitting and capping off the front one. I like the looks of the Aviator cover better, much cleaner appearance, IMO.

I have to say Rex that C&L Looks pretty darn sharp on youre car. For some reason it just looked out of place on mine IMO. As for diff style covers Ive also been thru them changes w/PCV,grommets. Matter a fact gonna have to do it once again when I get the chance to swap out for diff color set sometime this week.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom