• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Marauder Fuel Hat Insanity!

Zack

4 Doors 4 Life
Mar 21, 2004
NW Indiana
This might be the most complicated one yet.
I used 2 pumps from TRE Performance. Just like gss342'S but flow 15lph less. They have great reviews and are only 78 shipped with install kit.
I also tried the Racetronix pass through wiring harness. I hope to fill the tank today and check for leaks.....crossing fingers.
2011-09-10_10-39-05_107.jpg

2011-09-10_10-39-14_235.jpg

2011-09-10_10-39-21_718.jpg

2011-09-10_10-39-28_345.jpg

2011-09-10_10-39-44_527.jpg

2011-09-10_10-39-51_901.jpg

I added the steel epoxy as good measure.

Zack

4 Doors 4 Life
Mar 21, 2004
NW Indiana
I'm running a simular setup in my car using 3 Jay Rcing 342's but ran the return hose over to one side of the tank so the pumps won't get heated fuel dumped directly on them.
Might not really matter but you never no.

You got 3 pumps in the basket? If so don't EVER let the fuel level drop below the top of the basket! I had dual external pumps on the black car with a modified hat with pickup and sucked the basket dry everytime.
Please post pics of your setup if possible.

Bodyman

Regular
Nov 21, 2010
Warrenton,MO
This looks nice Zack! I just finished Making a modified hat Myself. Iam not changing anything other then now 2 outlets to a Y-block. A Zone5 stage2 FPDM fixed any thermal lock up problem I had. Id be curious to see once set up this way if I do not need the BAP anymore. I truly think them pumps had to work harder at High rpms to push the fuel thru one outlet. I was shock at the Dyno when Tim said it was running out before redline. Ill be curiuos to see how it works out. Nice thing for me only thing it has cost me is the fittings,Y-block, small amount of fuel line. Should get it in this week along with the fuel rails. Still thinking about full return style though. I was the one who pointed this out to Landy before he did it. Like you told me before MM hats are kinda a joke

DTUB

Oct 21, 2009
....and DTUB, all return style systems should have the return line going back to the basket so the risk of sucking it dry is minimized.
Thats a good point Z. I discussed all this fuel system stuff with Tim and your setup is what I had planned on but he was more concerned with heating up the fuel, he also thought that at WOT theres not going to be much fuel returning back to the tank anyway.

Zack

4 Doors 4 Life
Mar 21, 2004
NW Indiana
Thats a good point Z. I discussed all this fuel system stuff with Tim and your setup is what I had planned on but he was more concerned with heating up the fuel, he also thought that at WOT theres not going to be much fuel returning back to the tank anyway.

You will be converting to a sumped tank...you just have too much power for what you currently have.

Bodyman

Regular
Nov 21, 2010
Warrenton,MO
Nothing wrong with overbuilding. And knowing you Id say thats a good idea. I brazed the outlet tubes on the hat I fabbed, I think Landy did his like youres. what ive been looking at is poss making a metal brkt that is designed to hold 2 pumps rather then band clamps and wire ties. I would think it would be better if the pumps werent side side??? Ill post up some pics when I finish it. What pump driver are you running in youre black one?.

Zack

4 Doors 4 Life
Mar 21, 2004
NW Indiana
Nothing wrong with overbuilding. And knowing you Id say thats a good idea. I brazed the outlet tubes on the hat I fabbed, I think Landy did his like youres. what ive been looking at is poss making a metal brkt that is designed to hold 2 pumps rather then band clamps and wire ties. I would think it would be better if the pumps werent side side??? Ill post up some pics when I finish it. What pump driver are you running in youre black one?.

The hat pictured has been on the shelf for years. Its a modified Marauder hat with a dual Cobra bracket welded on. It centers the pumps nicely.

You dont need pump drivers on return systems, just a relay.

FordNut

Oct 13, 2010
Anyway you cut it, I feel better I converted my low power Blue to return style.
I used the stock line as a return and it is a huge piece of mind having gobs of fuel on tap at all times, with the least amount of wiring and other BS.

Just my .02

Yeah, I know you're a big fan of return systems. I'd rather stay retunless myself, each to his own. But if these pumps are failure prone I'd like to know about it first hand instead of having all Aeromotive pumps labelled failure prone because another model and type of pump besides this one is indeed problematic.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info