• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Marauder Eaton Conversion

musclemerc

Addict
Jan 6, 2010
I have a few IAT sensors with pigtails, hardware to mount Terry's brackets to the timing cover, and a 5/8" cooling mod. Little stuff I know but everything helps

Check the threads here Zack has a few Eaton swap threads and I posted a detailed how to on my hybrid Trilogy build.

Save your money on the stock cobra 3 bolt tensioner and look at either a Roush or UPR billet tensioner.

musclemerc

Addict
Jan 6, 2010
The MAF doesn't need a pigtail. The Mafia has all that built in. As I mentioned I have an IAT sensor with pigtail.
The stock MM MAF has an IAT built in it. When you go SC'ed the IAT gets moved to the lower intake. The lightning IAT and pigtail are needed.

As far as the reservoir bracket goes your gonna need to make one. As you will for many other components

Tbone63

The Interceptor
Apr 12, 2011
Crystal Lake, IL
You can always drop the car off to me and I'll sort out the small stuff. I need a side job to pay for some stuff.
The little stuff will add up in dollars and more-so, time.
And eaton swap can be overwhelming to a first timer.

I can do that shit blindfolded

I'm thinking I'll do it myself, but I appreciate the offer. Hopefully the MM community will step in if and when I get in to a jam.

massacre

Regular
May 25, 2011
Some Ford dealers are lazy shits when it comes to looking up parts. I had one near where I used to live, they always said they couldn't get certain parts but when I went to the next closest dealer they could get the same parts no problem.:dunno:

BTW have you tried Tousley Ford? They are pretty good with finding stuff and their prices are good as well.

Tbone63

The Interceptor
Apr 12, 2011
Crystal Lake, IL
Although I appreciate your enthusiasm on expediting this project, you have screwed yourself financially not being patient and searching for deals.
You will have the most expensive eaton swap ever.

Hard pill to swallow IMHO.

My money. Not yours. Don't worry about it. Besides, I can pay for the entire project with 2 weeks in commissions.

And most importantly, I don't want a bunch of old, used up crap bolted to my car just so I can say I did it cheap.

musclemerc

Addict
Jan 6, 2010
Hey Tbone if your going to run that 3.0 upper with a stock lower you should be proactive and order a metco 90mm idler. I had a little belt slip with mine. Use a Gates microV-08505 for the belt length.

Check out the last pages of my Trilogy build. I had to grind the bottom area of Terry's bracket to get clearance. Afterwards I had more room for the tensioner to do its thing.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info