Marauder Eaton Conversion

Tbone63

The Interceptor
Reaction score
I need any and all parts to do the Eaton supercharger conversion to my Marauder from a 03/04 Mustang Cobra 4.6. Post up if you have parts for sale. Thanks.

musclemerc

Reaction score
I have a few IAT sensors with pigtails, hardware to mount Terry's brackets to the timing cover, and a 5/8" cooling mod. Little stuff I know but everything helps

Check the threads here Zack has a few Eaton swap threads and I posted a detailed how to on my hybrid Trilogy build.

Save your money on the stock cobra 3 bolt tensioner and look at either a Roush or UPR billet tensioner.

Zack

4 Doors 4 Life
Reaction score
Buy the brackets, lower manifold, intercooler and water outlet first.
Then worry about the small stuff.

Tbone63

The Interceptor
Reaction score
I bought about $2000 worth of the medium stuff today. I have a good idea on all the little shit I need. And I have a line on the big items.
The old estimate of $3000-3500 is all but impossible to attain anymore. Especially when you have little patience like me.

Tbone63

The Interceptor
Reaction score
I can't find a reservoir bracket, revised crossovers (Zack?), waiting for Gortch to get back to me on custom brackets, pigtail for the MAF, not sure how it works with the MAFia.

I'm reading and studying everything, especially the Trilogy manual. I've learned a lot in just a couple days.

musclemerc

Reaction score
The MAF doesn't need a pigtail. The Mafia has all that built in. As I mentioned I have an IAT sensor with pigtail.
The stock MM MAF has an IAT built in it. When you go SC'ed the IAT gets moved to the lower intake. The lightning IAT and pigtail are needed.

As far as the reservoir bracket goes your gonna need to make one. As you will for many other components

Zack

4 Doors 4 Life
Reaction score
You can always drop the car off to me and I'll sort out the small stuff. I need a side job to pay for some stuff.
The little stuff will add up in dollars and more-so, time.
And eaton swap can be overwhelming to a first timer.

I can do that shit blindfolded

guspech750

Guspech Superdriller
Donating Member
Reaction score
You can always drop the car off to me and I'll sort out the small stuff. I need a side job to pay for some stuff.

WINNING!

Tbone63

The Interceptor
Reaction score

I'm thinking I'll do it myself, but I appreciate the offer. Hopefully the MM community will step in if and when I get in to a jam.

Tbone63

The Interceptor
Reaction score
I've bought almost everything I need now. The only big item left is the supercharger and the 2 custom brackets by Gortch.

Misc hoses, clamps, bolts, 2 belts and more misc is all that's left.

massacre

Reaction score
Some Ford dealers are lazy shits when it comes to looking up parts. I had one near where I used to live, they always said they couldn't get certain parts but when I went to the next closest dealer they could get the same parts no problem.:dunno:

BTW have you tried Tousley Ford? They are pretty good with finding stuff and their prices are good as well.

Tbone63

The Interceptor
Reaction score
I looked up Tasca and Rock Auto, no help. Went to a dealer and their grumpy ass parts guy said their computer was down. Went to another dealer and he looked up a ton of exploded views, but could not find the part. Annoying.

Zack

4 Doors 4 Life
Reaction score
Just order the parts from Tousley, a vendor on SVTP.

Or just make the water inlet gasket, thats what I do.

Terminator-Fox

Two Dollars
Reaction score
I ordered all my Ford hardware and gaskets from Tousley. I'm pulling a stock Eaton off a Terminator this weekend if you're looking for a blower still. My friend will probably sell it.

musclemerc

Reaction score
You need to contact Derek (95SC) on svtperformance before you purchase anything else. He acquires the best parts and sells them at very reasonable prices

Zack

4 Doors 4 Life
Reaction score
Although I appreciate your enthusiasm on expediting this project, you have screwed yourself financially not being patient and searching for deals.
You will have the most expensive eaton swap ever.

Hard pill to swallow IMHO.

Tbone63

The Interceptor
Reaction score
Although I appreciate your enthusiasm on expediting this project, you have screwed yourself financially not being patient and searching for deals.
You will have the most expensive eaton swap ever.

Hard pill to swallow IMHO.
My money. Not yours. Don't worry about it. Besides, I can pay for the entire project with 2 weeks in commissions.

And most importantly, I don't want a bunch of old, used up crap bolted to my car just so I can say I did it cheap.

musclemerc

Reaction score
Hey Tbone if your going to run that 3.0 upper with a stock lower you should be proactive and order a metco 90mm idler. I had a little belt slip with mine. Use a Gates microV-08505 for the belt length.

Check out the last pages of my Trilogy build. I had to grind the bottom area of Terry's bracket to get clearance. Afterwards I had more room for the tensioner to do its thing.

Last edited:

Tbone63

The Interceptor
Reaction score
Thanks for all your help Travis....You've been the most helpful and informative out of anybody with the possible exception of Joe (Guspech 750) and I really appreciate it!

Blackmagic03

Reaction score
Goood luck man...im still in the air which way I wanna go...but im leaning more towards a centri setup...easier and less parts and run around...but hell yea post pics when u start

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom