Movie Malignant [HBO Max]

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
Just gave this a run. I really wanted to like this movie. The concept is interesting, the reveals were pretty good, but this movie was just....not very good. The dialogue and line delivery in this were just god awful. Shame.

On the plus side tho, the hbo max app for xbox has FINALLY been updated to 4k/HDR. So, bout fucking time for that.

• Sad
Reactions: v6buicks

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
I’ll give it a watch as I’m a giant fan of Insidious.

I think part of the problem is this move was not marketed well (or at all). I didnt even know about it until like 3 days before it came out, and I watched 1 trailer, and that was it. If you're expecting conjuring or insidious, this is nothing like those. It wasn't until i watched a couple reviews that I found out apparently it was wan's intent to throw out a kind of genre bending/campy/cheesy experience. I was not expecting that, thus I was quite confused w/ the direction of a lot of things in this movie. This review does a pretty good job of explaining things, and its spoiler free

I still dont think it was a particularly good movie, but I can understand why other people might think it's great. Its just one of those movies. I definitely loved the original concept, a lot of the scenes were shot very well, it for sure keeps you guessing up until the BIG reveal, and then shit just goes off the chain after that. But the cheesy/camp moments, and certain aspects of the big bads character just took me right out of the moment

Reactions: Turk

Turk

Lt. Ron "Slider" Kerner
TCG Premium
Jan 21, 2008
That sucks. I actually had a 1min 30 sec trailer pop up as an ad during one of my youtube videos. It's very rare that I watch an entire youtube ad, but the movie looked interesting. I guess I won't be going out of my way to see it.
I’m not saying it was bad, it just wasn’t the same type of movie as conjuring or insidious.

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
I’m not saying it was bad, it just wasn’t the same type of movie as conjuring or insidious.

Exactly. I went into it not knowing anything, thinking thats what I would get, and it is so not that. I may have to give this movie another shake, now that I can watch it thru another lens. But I'm not ready yet.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info