Netflix Making a Murderer Discussion Thread *SPOILERS*

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
The two cops with Brendon Dassey still score scumbag of the year awards for me. They basically created an entire story and then walked him through agreeing with it all.

That and watching the detectives with Steven Avery when he got pulled in, gives you a scary glimpse into the system. The detectives were talking circles around him, trapping him with questions that no matter how he answered, sounded like he was admitting guilt.

At one point they kept asking him if he did it and he kept saying he didn't. Then they asked why he did it and he said he didn't do it. Then the cop asks him if he planned on murdering her and Steven said no and before he could even breathe another word the officer said "good, I didn't think you were that kind of person", as if he just confessed to murdering her.

It's like asking someone when they stopped beating their wife except Steven didn't seem like a bright enough bulb not to get trapped by questions like that. Brandon Dassey even less so. That kid is straight up sitting in jail for nothing.

And what chaps my ass the most is that throughout all of this there's no blood in the trailer. They apparently brutally raped this girl in the trailer, slit her throat and then carried her body to the garage to then shoot her? No blood in trailer, no blood in the garage. They went so far as to dig up a crack in the garage floor so they could test it for blood. Nothing.

Combine that with the cop calling in the plates on the car days before it was found and my blood is starting to boil. Fuck these guys. Fuck them hard. We can only hope the system treats them with the same fairness they treated this guy... twice.

radioguy6

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2008
Schaumburg
Real Name
Greg
I hope more jurors talk. 7 of them thought Steven was innocent right off the bat, you know fuckery is going on.

Unfuckingbelievable verdict for Brendon. The kid was clearly manipulated and taken advantage of. I wanted to punch the TV. I just dont feel Steven and Brendon are guilty of the murder of Teresa. While both were capable of committing the crimes they had been charged with, the issue I cannot agree with is the ability to clean, cover up and dispose all and any DNA in that cluttered, filthy trailer and garage?? No fucking way. No blood anywhere LOL?

The bullet, the key, the blood in the car, all systematically placed by those corrupt cops.

radioguy6

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2008
Schaumburg
Real Name
Greg
some key evidence left out of the documentary... not sure if verified

Read This: The damning evidence against Steven Avery that Making A Murderer ignored · Great Job, Internet! · The A.V. Club

Given that everyone had at least a few days over the holidays to just sit and stare aimlessly at screens, probably in an attempt to avoid real quality family time, it should come as no surprise that Netflix’s Making A Murderer is the hot new topic of conversation for 2016. The 10-part documentary series is essentially Serial for TV and, as The A.V. Club has documented rather extensively, follows the trial(s) of Steven Avery, a Wisconsin man accused of two vicious crimes. But what flew a bit under the radar over the holiday break is what’s allegedly “missing” from Murderer, at least according to Ken Kratz, the fairly sleazy guy who prosecuted Avery. While The A.V. Club has covered Kratz’s complaints, a new Pajiba article does a good job of summarizing everything that was missing, for whatever reason, from the show. While the show’s creators say the stuff that’s missing wasn’t necessary and didn’t make an impact at trial, it’s worth a glance all the same, especially if you’re one of those pro-Avery rabblerousers who’s signing a petition to (spoiler!) have him released from prison.

The Pajiba piece points out the following:

— In the months leading up to Halbach’s disappearance, Avery had called Auto Trader several times and always specifically requested Halbach to come out and take the photos.

— Halbach had complained to her boss that she didn’t want to go out to Avery’s trailer anymore, because once when she came out, Avery was waiting for her wearing only a towel (this was excluded for being too inflammatory). Avery clearly had an obsession with Halbach.

— On the day that Halbach went missing, Avery had called her three times, twice from a *67 number to hide his identity.

— The bullet with Halbach’s DNA on it came from Avery’s gun, which always hung above his bed.

— Avery had purchased handcuffs and leg irons like the ones Dassey described holding Halbach only three weeks before (Avery said he’s purchased them for use with his girlfriend, Jodi, with whom he’d had a tumultuous relationship — at one point, he was ordered by police to stay away from her for three days).

— Here’s the piece of evidence that was presented at trial but not in the series that I find most convincing: In Dassey’s illegally obtained statement, Dassey stated that he helped Avery moved the RAV4 into the junkyard and that Avery had lifted the hood and removed the battery cable. Even if you believe that the blood in Halbach’s car was planted by the cops (as I do), there was also non-blood DNA evidence on the hood latch. I don’t believe the police would plant — or know to plant — that evidence.

There’s additional info in there, as well, like evidence that Halbach’s Palm Pilot and camera were found in Avery’s burn barrel, and that Brendan Dassey told police he’d been molested by Avery in the past. It’s all evidence that’s fairly damning against Avery, something filmmakers might not have been inclined to use given that they’d spent 10-plus years imbedded with both the subject himself and with his extended family. Then again, it’s all evidence that could have been fabricated or manipulated by the evil Manitowoc Country Sherriff’s department, should you believe there’s something going on there. Either way, it’s an interesting read, especially if you want to be the most informed one in your next Making A Murderer chat session.

Primalzer

TCG Elite Member
Sep 14, 2006
Personally, I think that he killed her...I just don't think he did it in the garage or in the trailer....HOWEVER, I do think that the police planted evidence to bolster their case against him, and THAT is why he should have been found not guilty....regardless of what evidence was left out of the documentary, I believe there was enough reasonable doubt and enough proof that Manitowac police had tampered with evidence to justify being released of the charges.

But that's just my opinion

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
Personally, I think that he killed her...I just don't think he did it in the garage or in the trailer....HOWEVER, I do think that the police planted evidence to bolster their case against him, and THAT is why he should have been found not guilty....regardless of what evidence was left out of the documentary, I believe there was enough reasonable doubt and enough proof that Manitowac police had tampered with evidence to justify being released of the charges.

But that's just my opinion

my exact sentiments.

skeezer

TCG Elite Member
Jan 3, 2008
Luke's Beef
Somewhere they said the broad was shot 11 times.
Where the hell were all the bullets?
I don't remember them saying they were taken out of the fire pit.
Just the one they found in the garage.
That bullet doesn't make any goddamn sense either.
Where's all the blood?

So much of this shit didn't make sense.
Even if the guy did kill her, how do they convict someone based upon all the bullshit that went on?

The part that really kills me is the blood vial with the broken seal and obvious removal of blood from the cap.

Bruce Jibboo

TCG Elite Member
Apr 18, 2008
Elgin
Somewhere they said the broad was shot 11 times.
Where the hell were all the bullets?
I don't remember them saying they were taken out of the fire pit.
Just the one they found in the garage.
That bullet doesn't make any goddamn sense either.
Where's all the blood?

So much of this shit didn't make sense.
Even if the guy did kill her, how do they convict someone based upon all the bullshit that went on?

The part that really kills me is the blood vial with the broken seal and obvious removal of blood from the cap.

places not to live

fox lake, IL
Manitowoc county, WI

and possibly every other jurisdiction out there :io:

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
They don't have a body... how do they know she was shot at all? Bullets found in a fire pit do not mean she was shot with them.

I'm only just getting to ep5 tho, so maybe more info was presented... but without a body... I don't see how they're pinning all these "details" without physical evidence.

Primalzer

TCG Elite Member
Sep 14, 2006
They don't have a body... how do they know she was shot at all? Bullets found in a fire pit do not mean she was shot with them.

I'm only just getting to ep5 tho, so maybe more info was presented... but without a body... I don't see how they're pinning all these "details" without physical evidence.

They have some "proof" that at least she was shot in the head...but to say she was shot 11 times, with the remains they found, seems highly unlikely they'd be able to glean

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info