3800 maf sensor

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
Originally posted by SINr247@Sep 21 2006, 03:47 PM
mat is right on with that.
but wasnt there a way to use the IAT in the LQ4 maf to hook up to our stock IAT(crazy kids and there IATs)  so we can can get rid of the stock sensor
[snapback]140229[/snapback]​

yeah that was easy on eric's riv
i just used my terminal removal tool popped the pins outta the IAT connector and slid em in the 3-5wire adaptor and plugged uin the 3 wire voila done

and no more pesky remote IAT ;)

fwiw you can use a small dia paperclip too but be carefull

btw yeah thats whats called the lq4
there's a csv of the Lq4 on the PT site, i just copied it onto a MAF table and resaved it as LQ4, the maf tunes really havent altered the LQ4 table much...

smug

Please go back to eating crayons
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2007
Cedar Lake, IN
Real Name
Dan Erickson
what size rubber couplers and pipe do i need to buy to use the maf sensor? Can I use it with the stock throttle body and epoxy the whole shut do should i just look for a N*? If I buy a N* off ebay or something where can i get the adaptor kit fot it?

Sinister Drag Designs

SinisterDragDesigns.com
Aug 3, 2007
Chicago, IL
well zzps kit doesnt use any epoxy. just a block off plate. you can epoxy it for a smoother entrance,it sup to you. Nominal gain if any,tho turbulance would be an issue i would think. If your sticking with the Eaton i would go N*. for the most part the L67 TB is fine. a port and polishing would help it but for the cost i would just upgrade to a bigger one.

N*'s seem to have better resale value also(and more desired)
3.5 coupler from TB to MAF
3.5 coupler from maf to intake(depending on the intake), some people use a bend here but it is unneeded
tho i think a 3.75 would of been alot better fit from the maf to intake on the one i did
you can get the zzp one that comes with the kit,or you could get intense/zzp intake tubing and make shift it from there

piping will depend on your intake, tho if anything you should just be extending your current one,not adding pipe

Sinister Drag Designs

SinisterDragDesigns.com
Aug 3, 2007
Chicago, IL
Originally posted by FastGS88@Sep 24 2006, 02:30 AM
N* TB has a 4" inlet.  The MAF has a 3.5" outlet, so you'll want a 3.5-4" reducer for TB to MAF.  The inlet of the MAF is 4" so 4" coupler to 4" pipe is best.

MT
[snapback]140548[/snapback]​
the sizing was for 85m maf and l67 TB(should of clarified that)
like i said i made one with those parts and only neded ones i listed
the maf is odd size i tried a 4 and seemed to loose(clamp or not)` and a 3.5 was a little too snug but fit(just took some playing with to get on perfect
that was just my results
there is a great place in franklin park called area 1 motorsprorts, they have most sizes in stock. that reducer if you use the N* is uncommon and might want to call ahead on. otherwise turbohoses.com is great, just alittle pricey but has everything you will need

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info