I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
?
?
?
?
?

took my existing pumpkin loaf recipe (macros below) and swapped in some cricket to try it. btw i think sodium and calcium are both thrown off by their representation as raw baking powder and baking soda ingredients and i do not expect the net output bread after chemical interactions and baking to contain anything like those levels of either.

gmRSy4w.png

i think the above may not include the walnuts on top but i'm too lazy to check, you can add some calories/fat for them.

while marketed as cricket flour, the subtitle here is more accurate. this is actually protein powder. so if you are a normie you might replace some flour with cricket flour to get more protein; if you are an anabolic kitchen dork then you're probably already doing that. so rather than this replacing flour in a normal recipe, i've already done that with lots of protein powder in mine, so crickets are just replacing the protein powder i already used (hydro whey vanilla)

azCC28t.jpg

i didn't end up using much. i normally use 73g of my protein, here i switched to 63/10 with 10 chirpy bois. looks like dirt. tastes like dirt, but dirt made of dead crickets. you're not going to drink this straight, and it's not gonna be a good time in protein pancakes or ice creams. but in my big loafy boi, and at this level, i expected i wouldn't even be able to discern it was there.

HvwtBB8.jpg

wet and dry mixed bowls

rFMBrJZ.jpg

ready to go in my toaster oven

oasLZFo.jpg

40m later

cETMW7V.jpg

orange not green

sfyDpLu.jpg

i can't taste any difference having the loaf by itself, might back to back. it has 7g protein per 10g serving of 45 calories. my thai hydrolized whey is 26g protein at 32g serving and 120 calories.

another version on amazon says 6g protein for 10g serving and 50 calories; it appears to be the cheapest at $2.50/oz. this is much more expensive than even an expensive hydro whey protein. one might argue it has a complimentary amino acid/essential acid profile, maybe, although almost nobody is tracking intake at this level or having it be all that meaningful... from https://www.cricketflours.com/cricket-nutritional-value/

Amino-Acid-Analysis.jpg

verdict: tolerable, but won't be buying any more

who is this for: people who don't mind spending the money, would like some extra protein in their diet but are probably not all that serious about it, probably who bake or make things they can hide the flavor in more (maybe simplest a sugar/fruit filled smoothie) and probably it's biggest necessary demographic, people that want a more green/sustainable protein source. can't see it really catching on for that without getting significantly cheaper though.

Reactions: DEEZUZ

Jimy Bilmo

CSVT OG Member
TCG Premium
TCG Goldmember
Aug 16, 2005
Anyone check on sickmint79 sickmint79 lately :s00ls:

YouTube chef facing the death penalty for killing and dismembering gay lover in Thailand says he had been a 'hostage' to his 'obsessed' boyfriend​

1691512717021.png

• Haha
Reactions: SpeedSpeak2me

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
just talked to a chick who had an energy healing "business" there today, that island is full of drugged up partiers for full moon in one part and a bunch of hippies in the other. i've never been there cuz neither sure af are my scene. how is this dude "held hostage" as a 29 year old adult who almost assuredly had freedom of movement, c'mon now.

"A YouTube celebrity chef"

"Daniel, 29, who boasts 12,400 followers on social media had been in the Thai resort since July 31 but recently became embroiled in a feud with his Colombian lover who he had been in a relationship with for over a year, according to local police. It's believed the pair had been on the island to attend a Full Moon Party."

seems we are being awfully liberal with applying the terms influencer and celebrity in the media these days...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info