Made some mid summer runs in the hellkitty

HellPIG

TCG Elite Member
Sep 13, 2012
Mount Prospect
I went out with my new tweaks to the car. Haven't been out since October of last year. Long story short I was looking to dial it in blower only and then spray it, but after reading my first log, I decided to run once more and then hang it up for the night.

My shift points in my new tune were accidently set to stock (he had it in his head that I would be spraying right away)

Silver lining is the car almost went 9.8 again, but it mid July. I was missing 600-800 RPM for my shifts.

I hope he sends a revision soon so I can get back out once this super warm weather dies down a bit.

I was hoping for a 9.6-7 in this weather and I think I would of easily nailed it. Goal is ultimately a 9.5 at my 4800lb weight boost only. Once it's dialed in, spray.

e3751783283b34c6f69011fa8e51622f.jpg
IMG_0272.jpgIMG_0278.jpgScreen Shot 2019-07-12 at 10.07.31 PM.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5zfi6X_rSE&frags=pl,wn

HellPIG

TCG Elite Member
Sep 13, 2012
Mount Prospect
Nice run . Weather was nice that day , it was probably the coldest day of this summer LOL . Where is the slip ?

Yup, dropped into the 70's and the DA was around 1800-2000.

I'll have to take a pic. 9.93@139 if I recall

Comparing my previous runs to this run, it was crazy to see how much different MPH was in each gear. Drove me nuts looking at it.

HellPIG

TCG Elite Member
Sep 13, 2012
Mount Prospect
Thought I recognized your car at the Mobil in elk grove on busse.

My "go to" e85 location. They had a big boo boo with a tank fill there and I caught it because I test every single tank. They had to empty out 3500 gallons of bad ethanol, clean the tanks, and replace it. It is back up and running. So many guys blind fill 5 gallons jugs there because it was that consistent. I'm just glad the station manager took my find seriously.

HellPIG

TCG Elite Member
Sep 13, 2012
Mount Prospect
what kind of temps do you see in this weather post intercooler? you running the killer chiller correct? nice summer heat times for sure

The one run I logged I was only 116 at the end of the 1/4 using the chiller.

I would let the car idle for 10-15 mins prior to a run between the pits and staging. IC coolant would get to 37-39 degrees.

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
The one run I logged I was only 116 at the end of the 1/4 using the chiller.

I would let the car idle for 10-15 mins prior to a run between the pits and staging. IC coolant would get to 37-39 degrees.

nice ive been looking at the killer chillers for a while now maybe a winter mod, ice is kind of a pain in the ass and I melt alot of it for one pass

HellPIG

TCG Elite Member
Sep 13, 2012
Mount Prospect
nice ive been looking at the killer chillers for a while now maybe a winter mod, ice is kind of a pain in the ass and I melt alot of it for one pass

If this car wasn't a daily, I would have looked at the ice tank, but they need distilled water, need to be flushed, need to be refilled, and do try and to runs this time of year, you are screwed if you get stuck in the lanes.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info