Made my First piece of automotive furniture

l0wb00st

Overbuild It, Or Don't Build It
Jan 29, 2012
NW Suburbs
Found an LS1 short block that had spun a bearing on CL. Bought it for $150 and made this. I think I want to try and make some legs for it to jack it up a little higher, and then i can put the crank in it as well. I still have the crank, all the mains, and 4 rods/pistons left over.

Let me know what you guys think! getting this thing down my basement stairs by myself was a bit of a pain in the ass :rofl:

30322240481_db37e1b4b8_b.jpg

30291575652_af9aeb1ef8_b.jpg

29776516583_49b9ea1c14_b.jpg

cap42

Restoration Hell
Mar 22, 2005
Bolingbrook IL
Nice!

I helped a buddy do the engine coffee table, we painted the engine block like you would normally leaving some sections exposed metal. The exposed sections where then wire wheeled to give it a bright shiny surface and then the whole thing clear coated. He did a sbc350 and man that was a heavy sumbitch moving into his basement.

I'd love to do one for myself but my dogs are such energetic assholes they would constantly knock the glass off.

l0wb00st

Jan 29, 2012
NW Suburbs
Thanks Guys! Not bad for my first try haha

Nice!

I helped a buddy do the engine coffee table, we painted the engine block like you would normally leaving some sections exposed metal. The exposed sections where then wire wheeled to give it a bright shiny surface and then the whole thing clear coated. He did a sbc350 and man that was a heavy sumbitch moving into his basement.

I'd love to do one for myself but my dogs are such energetic assholes they would constantly knock the glass off.

I took a bore hone and honed the cylinders and then sprayed them with clear because the cylinder liners are steel. pretty much the rest of the block is aluminum so I left it for now.

How the fuck did you get that in the basement by yourself?

Threw a microfiber over the end of the valley, grabbed it and one-arm-hulked it down the stairs :rofl: :bigthumb:

you can see the orange microfiber in one of the pics

l0wb00st

Jan 29, 2012
NW Suburbs
You're nuts. Idk if I would've felt like doing that and I've got two arms... :rofl:

I had it in my garage mostly finished for a week. Finally felt like finishing it and wasn't gonna just let it sit finished in the garage haha

I texted my girlfriend that it was really heavy after i moved it from the garage to the kitchen and she said i should wait and get someone to help move it downstairs. About 2 min later i texted her a picture of it in the basement and the caption "too late" :rofl:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info