• Hi Guest, welcome to TCG 2.0. Please refer to the FAQ in User Support before you do anything else. It will make the transition MUCH easier.

IF YOU ARE SEEING AN "OOPS" ERROR PAGE, IT IS LIKELY BECAUSE YOUR BROWSER HAS NOT UPDATED YOUR CACHE. YOU CAN EITHER CLICK FORUMS AT THE TOP LEFT OR VISIT THECHICAGOGARAGE.COM AND BOOKMARK THAT. - Love, Mook

Made my First piece of automotive furniture

l0wb00st

Overbuild It, Or Don't Build It!
Reaction score
Found an LS1 short block that had spun a bearing on CL. Bought it for $150 and made this. I think I want to try and make some legs for it to jack it up a little higher, and then i can put the crank in it as well. I still have the crank, all the mains, and 4 rods/pistons left over.

Let me know what you guys think! getting this thing down my basement stairs by myself was a bit of a pain in the ass :rofl:

Mook

El Presidente
Admin
Reaction score
Baddass. I agree it needs to sit a bit higher tho. Maybe a slightly wider piece of glass to fill the space out more?

l0wb00st

Reaction score
Yeah, Definitely needs a different piece of glass. I got this one for free from a buddy, so I figured i'd use it until I get a bigger piece

Ryan02Stang

Reaction score
Looks awesome man! I agree with others...I'd make it slightly higher, and use a bigger piece of glass.

RICH17

Dr. Pussy Slayer, MD
Reaction score
Been thinking about blowing apart the 3800 that I have sitting around and doing this as well. Looks awesome!

cap42

Restoration Hell
Reaction score
Nice!

I helped a buddy do the engine coffee table, we painted the engine block like you would normally leaving some sections exposed metal. The exposed sections where then wire wheeled to give it a bright shiny surface and then the whole thing clear coated. He did a sbc350 and man that was a heavy sumbitch moving into his basement.

I'd love to do one for myself but my dogs are such energetic assholes they would constantly knock the glass off.

Bru

Super Moderator
Donating Member
Reaction score

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
Donating Member
Reaction score
I definitely dig it.

boostedguy05

not well known
Donating Member
Reaction score
I love it, I think my kids would love to play with it as much as I would love to have one. Definitely bigger glass.

Could use clear silicone on the piston tops to hold the glass down / secure it.

boost21

Reaction score
Looks good! I will post back later, I have a few lamps and a table from an ls1 block I made.

l0wb00st

Reaction score
Thanks Guys! Not bad for my first try haha

Nice!

I helped a buddy do the engine coffee table, we painted the engine block like you would normally leaving some sections exposed metal. The exposed sections where then wire wheeled to give it a bright shiny surface and then the whole thing clear coated. He did a sbc350 and man that was a heavy sumbitch moving into his basement.

I'd love to do one for myself but my dogs are such energetic assholes they would constantly knock the glass off.
I took a bore hone and honed the cylinders and then sprayed them with clear because the cylinder liners are steel. pretty much the rest of the block is aluminum so I left it for now.

How the fuck did you get that in the basement by yourself?
Threw a microfiber over the end of the valley, grabbed it and one-arm-hulked it down the stairs :rofl: :bigthumb:

you can see the orange microfiber in one of the pics

blck10th

Reaction score
You could always make a little cradle to look like a engine stand to raise it up a bit.

Killer job btw!

Outlaw

Reaction score
You're nuts. Idk if I would've felt like doing that and I've got two arms... :rofl:

l0wb00st

Reaction score
You're nuts. Idk if I would've felt like doing that and I've got two arms... :rofl:
I had it in my garage mostly finished for a week. Finally felt like finishing it and wasn't gonna just let it sit finished in the garage haha

I texted my girlfriend that it was really heavy after i moved it from the garage to the kitchen and she said i should wait and get someone to help move it downstairs. About 2 min later i texted her a picture of it in the basement and the caption "too late" :rofl:

boost21

Reaction score
Did you get the cam? I made a lamp out of the one I had to go on top the the table

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom