• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

LSx tuners in the area?

deviantlx

TCG Elite Member
Apr 20, 2008
1000rwhp is nothing these days for a street car, and theyre all on ethanol... wonder why.

lets use your logic.........

2500 hp is nothing nowadays for a racecar and they're all on methanol.....wonder why?

methanol can be had for around 2 bucks a gallon if bought by the drum which is about a 1.50 cheaper than your e85.

don't believe everything you reads on the webz.

oh yeah, stay away from the tx2k thread cause despite what you read most street cars aren't driving around with anything close to 1k+ rwhp.

PJx5x

TCG Elite Member
Sep 29, 2005
Villa Park
lets use your logic.........

2500 hp is nothing nowadays for a racecar and they're all on methanol.....wonder why?

methanol can be had for around 2 bucks a gallon if bought by the drum which is about a 1.50 cheaper than your e85.

don't believe everything you reads on the webz.

oh yeah, stay away from the tx2k thread cause despite what you read most street cars aren't driving around with anything close to 1k+ rwhp.

What? So izzy should be running meth?

10 years ago, 600rwhp was amazing for the street, but very realistic to attain. These days, 1k rwhp is that realistic street car number. And most of the people doing it, are on ethanol.

All you guys hating on E, do you actually know anything about it and its benefits? Or are you just scared of the myths of varying ratings between pumps?

deviantlx

TCG Elite Member
Apr 20, 2008
What? So izzy should be running meth?

10 years ago, 600rwhp was amazing for the street, but very realistic to attain. These days, 1k rwhp is that realistic street car number. And most of the people doing it, are on ethanol.

All you guys hating on E, do you actually know anything about it and its benefits? Or are you just scared of the myths of varying ratings between pumps?

I have built several cars on e85 as well as c16, and q16.

Let me ask you this....which fuel burns hotter, e85 or c16?

What does your streetcar make as far as horsepower?

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
i honestly think for a street car e85 is a good choice cheap and works well, if you want to take it to the track on kill mode you can buy cans of e85 that the 15% gas is c16 and it has a 112 or 115 octain rating, now if i were building a track only car c16 is what i would run, i actually was getting 92-93% ethanol out of my e85 pump in town all last summer and blending it down to 70% useing 110, the e85 was very consistant but i went to the same station every time thats a mile from my house and i tested it every time kind of a pain in the ass but a tank full of that mix was the same price as runing 93, but at the same time it wasnt a 1000whp car just a 600whp v6

deviantlx

TCG Elite Member
Apr 20, 2008
E85 burns cooler. So why do you hate it, just the variance in pumps?

184hp

The answer I was looking for was neither. Octane doesn't regulate the heat of the combustion, it regulates the time.

The higher the octane, the slower the burn, the more timing you can add safely.
:drums:

Ps. I don't hate e85. I just think people like yourself believe everything they read in the magazines and Internet and are dead sold on people's word like its biblical.

And 184? I hope your kidding cause most STREETCARS come with more than that from the factory. Lol.

PJx5x

TCG Elite Member
Sep 29, 2005
Villa Park
The answer I was looking for was neither. Octane doesn't regulate the heat of the combustion, it regulates the time.

The higher the octane, the slower the burn, the more timing you can add safely.
:drums:

Ps. I don't hate e85. I just think people like yourself believe everything they read in the magazines and Internet and are dead sold on people's word like its biblical.

And 184? I hope your kidding cause most STREETCARS come with more than that from the factory. Lol.

You asked which fuel burns hotter, I answered that... there was nothing about octane, which doesnt really matter. Because of the cooling properties of ethanol and amount of fuel required, it acts as it has a much higher octane rating. It is very resistant to detonation, with a much higher preignition temperature.

My knowledge on ethanol comes mostly from college and federal granted research projects. And yes my car makes 184hp, probably at the flywheel.

nick122590

TCG Elite Member
Jul 10, 2011
IOWA
Sounds good man! I look forward to hearing from you.

What kind of power are you looking at making? Have you thought about going with a stock PCM? My car is still on a stock PCM and I couldnt be happier with how the car performs.

I highly recommend going with 110 or C16 for fuel. It will be much more consistant. I run 93 octane on wastegate spring and 110 on my higher boost levels. I have an electronic boost controller so I can fill my car up with 110 at anytime and run my higher boost levels with just a push of a button.
[MENTION=3559]School Boy[/MENTION] my buddy is in need of a tune... 02 ws6 10 over forged cam port/polished, decked heads/ valve job. stick car. he was thinking modern muscle. I am swinging him towards speed inc. do you have a number I can give him for someone at speed inc to talk to about it?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info