NEW RIDE LS7/T56 swapped 81 Bu

Mr_Roboto

Doing the jobs nobody wants to
TCG Premium
Feb 4, 2012
Nashotah, Wisconsin (AKA not Illinois)
Well, you can’t make this up. I leave my shop in mokena, stop at the gas station off 355 and RT6 to get a pack of smokes before I head home.
I pull in to a bunch of kids (25-30 lol) with a blue C7Z, red 6th gen camaro, and more built gray Camaro. Sigh. I park by the pump, walk past minding my own.

as I walk back to my car, I get a few curious questions like what’s in it and what kind of car is it. I respond just a 81 Malibu with a 283 and some good heads….their suspicion is a roused but they are confident they have me covered. In my head I know im about to change someone’s life ?

So they went from throwing the red Camaro at me, to the gray one. Now, don’t get me wrong!, he sounds roudy as hell and I follow him onto 355. We go. Me in the middle lane, him in the right After they see what my car did to him, the blue C7Z pullsup on my left. I slow down and wait for his honks

He honks 3 times and we go from about a 35mph roll. After my shit stops spinning, I pull a half car-time to shift-now we’re equal, top of 3rd I pull half a car-shift to 4th- and now as he’s still next to me, I know I don’t have anymore nonsense to shift and I give the thumbs up as I walk tf away from this thing. By upper 4th, I have this thing clearly GAPPED.

It was amazing to feel their energy, because I know they had no clue what car I was driving, or what was in it but here’s this random car to pull into a gas station and gap their fastest car.

This is the shit I dream about.

The moment you said 283 I would have told you that you were full of shit.

Awesome of you to wax em. Seems like a very early 00s experience tbh.

Great White Drake

You used to call me on my cell phone
Jun 23, 2010
Are the rears on a proportioning valve?

Have you ever tried to panic stop in this thing yet?
Yes and yes. It will literally lift you outta the seat and feel like your eyeballs are going to come out. Not exaggerating but this is the best braking car I’ve ever driven. Stock front disc and rear drums.

Mr_Roboto

Doing the jobs nobody wants to
TCG Premium
Feb 4, 2012
Nashotah, Wisconsin (AKA not Illinois)
How much vacuum are you pulling at idle? That's a big determinant if vacuum boosted brakes will work. This vacuum pump is out of a Volvo and if you're a broke dude it's a JYable part. It's probably about 200-250 bucks in all for new parts. This guys video is good.

If you have good vacuum it may be your MC is mismatched for your piston and rotor area. You can get a pressure gauge or transducer to hook into your brakes but that's typically more of a pro touring thing based on what I know. If you've got low pressure you need a smaller MC piston. This is unlikely to be the problem if the system its self (calipers/wheel cylinders, master cylinder) are from the same car.

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
JK
I'd agree with this but Shawn is going to add boost...vacuum booster won't work without vacuum.

My C10 stops ridiculously well. Far better than any of my F-bodies or GTO did.
I’m saying if his master cylinder is spec’d right than a hydroboost will work just fine with his disc setup…..

I love my hydroboost setups

Great White Drake

You used to call me on my cell phone
Jun 23, 2010
Having some fun last night.

03A59C21-9781-4293-AC37-59C9F1BD0EDD.jpeg

15D41D0B-3FBF-43D7-A7C1-F80DB7567AC2.jpeg

2732FC57-1D2F-496E-9453-427F320BF1B9.jpeg

JFish75

Addict
TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2019
Winfield, Il.
If you know Mark, you know he’s been around awhile with this thing. Coolest car ever, a turbo ls swapped limo ?. We finally lined up over the weekend at a street car brawl.

I was there and saw you run a couple times. I recognized your car from the site here. That limo was definitely a crowd favorite as was that Jeep, that thing was flying!

Reactions: Great White Drake

Thread Info