NEW RIDE LS7/T56 swapped 81 Bu

Great White Drake

You used to call me on my cell phone
Jun 23, 2010
One small step at a time….I noticed the belt walked half way off the tensioner once. 3 easy fixes I did exactly to my Chevelle. Changed the fuel line fitting from the plastic clip style, added a fuel pressure gauge at the line, and the $9 89009 pulley to keep the belt on.

112FD9DA-BFB3-4A35-A902-C589CEB80332.jpeg

image.jpg

Great White Drake

Jun 23, 2010
Well, been working on these covers for a hot min. Imo, if you don’t move coils and get aftermarket valve covers, the next best option is to cover the ugly mfrs. So I’ve spent some time measuring and notching out what needs to be taken out. Still have a little bit to go but I’m happy. Before pic last.

BF9F2CF4-D374-4205-8BE7-2472C4CCF851.jpeg

967A6111-0284-400E-A79C-5D6B67F37BF8.jpeg

19BA5D85-AE84-4ABC-9C6B-01DB4099AD76.jpeg

Great White Drake

Jun 23, 2010
Well, you can’t make this up. I leave my shop in mokena, stop at the gas station off 355 and RT6 to get a pack of smokes before I head home.
I pull in to a bunch of kids (25-30 lol) with a blue C7Z, red 6th gen camaro, and more built gray Camaro. Sigh. I park by the pump, walk past minding my own.

as I walk back to my car, I get a few curious questions like what’s in it and what kind of car is it. I respond just a 81 Malibu with a 283 and some good heads….their suspicion is a roused but they are confident they have me covered. In my head I know im about to change someone’s life ?

So they went from throwing the red Camaro at me, to the gray one. Now, don’t get me wrong!, he sounds roudy as hell and I follow him onto 355. We go. Me in the middle lane, him in the right After they see what my car did to him, the blue C7Z pullsup on my left. I slow down and wait for his honks

He honks 3 times and we go from about a 35mph roll. After my shit stops spinning, I pull a half car-time to shift-now we’re equal, top of 3rd I pull half a car-shift to 4th- and now as he’s still next to me, I know I don’t have anymore nonsense to shift and I give the thumbs up as I walk tf away from this thing. By upper 4th, I have this thing clearly GAPPED.

It was amazing to feel their energy, because I know they had no clue what car I was driving, or what was in it but here’s this random car to pull into a gas station and gap their fastest car.

This is the shit I dream about.

b00sted

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 6, 2010
Well, you can’t make this up. I leave my shop in mokena, stop at the gas station off 355 and RT6 to get a pack of smokes before I head home.
I pull in to a bunch of kids (25-30 lol) with a blue C7Z, red 7th gen camaro, and gray 6th gen Camaro. Sigh. I park by the pump, walk past minding my own.

as I walk back to my car, I get a few curious questions like what’s in it and what kind of car is it. I respond just a 81 Malibu with a 283 and some good heads….their suspicion is a roused but they are confident they have me covered. In my head I know im about to change someone’s life ?

So they went from throwing the red Camaro at me, to the gray one. Now he sounds roudy as I follow him onto 355. We go. Me in the middle lane, him in the right After they see what my car did to him, the blue C7Z pullsup on my left. I slow down and wait for his honks

He honks 3 times and we go from about a 35mph roll. After my shit stops spinning, I pull a half car-time to shift-now we’re equal, top of 3rd I pull half a car-shift to 4th- and now as he’s still next to me, I know I don’t have anymore nonsense to shift and I give the thumbs up as I walk tf away from this thing. By upper 4th, I have this thing clearly GAPPED.

It was amazing to feel their energy, because I know they had no clue what car I was driving, or what was in it but here’s this random car to pull into a gas station and gap their fastest car.

This is the shit I dream about.

Ok grandpa, let's get you back to bed...

Great White Drake

Jun 23, 2010
Ok grandpa, let's get you back to bed...
Lmao exactly how they viewed me and my outdated car. I almost couldn’t keep myself contained when they asked about my junk. I was waiting for one of them to pick up on the “good heads” sarcasm comment but none did. That was the green light to fuck them up.

Looking back, I don’t blame them one bit. I remember being overly confident, and I can’t even imagine the confidence of having a C7Z in my camp.

Thread Info