YouTube LS7-Swapped BMW M3

Kensington

Donating Member
Reaction score
That Porsche that passed him around the 6:00 mark :eek3:

Also, there was a lot of what sounds like blower whine, but it's supposedly N/A :dunno:

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
Donating Member
Reaction score
Yeah, sequential trans, gear whine.

Kensington

Donating Member
Reaction score
I was thinking the same, until I read this...unless he put some straight cuts in the CTS-V box :dunno:

The owner of the BMW E30 with a Honda K20 we’ve been following contacted us to share their previous project, a BMW E46 M3 built for the track. Under the fiberglass hood sits a 7.0 L LS7 V8 with a 100 mm throttle body and MSD intake that makes 650 horsepower and 740 Nm (545 lb-ft) of torque. The drivetrain features a Cadillac CTS-V six-speed manual transmission with an Exedy clutch and a limited-slip differential with 3.85 gears. They improved the coupe’s handling with KW Competition 2-way coilovers, AP Racing calipers with 378×36 mm rotors in front, and Porsche Boxster S calipers with 328×20 mm rotors in back. It rides on a set of BBS Motorsport ET24 10×18 wheels with Pirelli P Zero Trofeo R tires. You can view more photos of the car on the project’s FB page and videos of it racing here.

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
Donating Member
Reaction score
I did look close, it looks like he's just moving it back and forth :rofl: it's definitely a 6 speed.

but either way, it is definitely gear whine.

Kensington

Donating Member
Reaction score
Yeah, he's only ever in 3rd, 4th, and 5th...even in the tight hairpin, he wrings it out in 5th, and downshifts straight to 3rd. When he throws it in 5th around the 2:45 mark, it sort of gives it away

1quick

Donating Member
Reaction score
If you look close, it's a stick, not-sequential
he probably has a bit of aftermarket suspension in the rear, it transfers some rear end wine to the inside of the car a lot of times when you put poly or solid bushings in the car

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom