LS4

Jbhess

Hessmeister | LS Nation
Reaction score
I know the LS4 trans in complete crap (basically a v6 trans). But Im curious to see if anyone has built or modded any of those cars? Just saw a GXP today that sounded pretty mean, which made me think of this. :noes:

1quick

Donating Member
Reaction score
Yeah there are quite a few with cams and there was a company making headers for them at one time, there is also a company that makes a turbo kit for them, still the trans is the weak link and takes lots of money to make it handle decent power

Jbhess

Hessmeister | LS Nation
Reaction score
Yeah there are quite a few with cams and there was a company making headers for them at one time, there is also a company that makes a turbo kit for them, still the trans is the weak link and takes lots of money to make it handle decent power
It takes alot of money to make the trans hold stock power haha. I know a couple cars that have their problems with the trans.

1quick

Donating Member
Reaction score
I went threw a couple built ones with my 04 the longest a built trans lasted was 2000 miles lol

Jbhess

Hessmeister | LS Nation
Reaction score
I went threw a couple built ones with my 04 the longest a built trans lasted was 2000 miles lol
If GM was thinking, put in a strong trans, and made them RWD those cars would be legendary.

EmersonHart13

Member Selfie
Donating Member
Reaction score
Not worth it... Former owner.

If you get one, leave it alone.

gojo83

Reaction score
they have 4.8 flat top pistons and 243 heads. good to hijack parts off of. I did this weekend.

nos4blood70

Reaction score
They're nice spunky DDs, but drive it like you stole it and the trans will give up the ghost quickly.

If only they brought over the pre-G8 Holdens over with the "Ecotec" 3800 from down under.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom