• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

ls1 and lq4 flex plate...is mine correct?

Pewter-Camaro

TCG Elite Member
May 28, 2011
South of Wisconsin.
I've seen guys bore cylinders right up to the limits just to get 5 cubes. 18 cubes should be an animal.

.... the guys at YANK and TSP said i should be okay though, that they have never heard of, or seen a 98 flexplate break, it's always been the later years.

This is true.. the later 4th gen LS flexplates that have 3 Peanut shell shaped cutouts are known to crack. Mine cracked years ago and started to make a clank sound. Been Running an SFI approved one since.

Link to a pic of one that cracked that I've had saved for some time just for reference... http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff202/blehmk/229.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info