Ls guys come in!

SMR#002

Reaction score
What clutches are you guys using? Been looking at the McLeod super pro but cant find any info on it. Car is a 99 ls1 and doesn't make any power (less than 400whp) but I want some thing I can dump/launch at high rpms and not worry about anything. Thanks

utryd2

Reaction score
I used the ram twin disc. It held strong up to 900+ ft lbs and drove real nice. Wasn't an on off switch or real touchy. Since I've exceeded that I switched to a spec super twin good for 1500 ft lbs. The ram was a great clutch. I'd buy it again.

Wolfman

Reaction score
I have an RPS Billet Triple Carbon Clutch.

Less than 400 to the wheels will do just fine with an LS7 clutch/LS2 flywheel.

SMR#002

Reaction score
I hear muxed reviews on ls7 clutch and sticky tires. I want a clutch i can grow into

Wolfman

Reaction score
I hear muxed reviews on ls7 clutch and sticky tires. I want a clutch i can grow into
My LS7 clutch did ok at 441 rwhp and ET Streets. I've got a Vette though. You'll probably hook harder than me. That Ram twin disc mentioned earlier should do well.

Make sure you modify the hydraulic system a bit. My Tick Master Cylinder helped more than the clutch did when I was under 500 rwhp.

wolfe

in black sheep's clothing
Reaction score
I've got a monster stage 2. Been great so far driving around, haven't been to the track with it though.

Turbocharged400sbc

Welllllllllll ya knowwwwwww.....
Reaction score
the ram twin disc in Jbgalows mustang was one helluva well made clutch and flywheel, i liked the design layout better than the mcleod.

i had to modify the fork pivot to get more clutch hat clearance and to put it in the right travel arc. but that was it

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I really liked the Monster clutch I had in the WS6 before I swapped to the TH400.

HILROD

Reaction score
I've used a bunch of Mcleod stuff before. Always great quality. I,m using a Mcleod clutch in my procharged Camaro.

HILROD

Reaction score
It's not an LS. It's also not listed on their website anymore. I't's a single disc kevler/ceramic single disc. The trans has broke, as has the driveshaft, never a peep from the clutch.

DTB_LS1

REAL RACECARS HAVE THREE PEDALS
Reaction score
I ran a Mcleod RST twin disk with a Tick Performance master cylinder, and it was IMO the best setup for a street/strip car. It drove better than the factory clutch on the street, and took repeated 6700-6900rpm launches off a 2-step at the track no problem.

SMR#002

Reaction score
I ran a Mcleod RST twin disk with a Tick Performance master cylinder, and it was IMO the best setup for a street/strip car. It drove better than the factory clutch on the street, and took repeated 6700-6900rpm launches off a 2-step at the track no problem.
No problems with set up/install?

Bad00ss

Rockford's Slow Junk
Reaction score
I was getting spec stage 3 clutch kits for $400 at speed inc few years back and they would last 1-2 seasons on a 600 rwhp car on slicks at all times. I felt it was good bang for the buck back then.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom