• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

LS 5.3 DOD AFM oil consumption

pajamasam

Addict
Apr 12, 2011
O'Hare Area
Your talking to the right guy about getting cheap cars and fixing them.

That's what I did for the last 5 years of my life.

I did find something out last night after doing research, these saabs/4wd trailblazers do not have the oil relief problem in the pan since they have different style pans than the other trucks(obviously) but the relief valve is not in a spot where it sprays the pistons.

So I will be looking at the Pcv system and doing the top end clean this weekend.

TommyGloves

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 23, 2007
CHICAGO
Real Name
Tom Glover
I wonder if [MENTION=109]TommyGloves[/MENTION] has had this problem?

I did have this problem on my 07 9-7x. I bought the AFM deflector and was going to pull the pan to install it. After looking what it would take to pull the oil pan I said fuck it and ended up using my buddies HPT to disable the AFM. :) I did do the top engine clean, new plugs and new wires at the same time.

It's been about 2 oil changes since it was disabled and I'm only down about a quart every 6,000 miles. It cut oil consumption down by over half.

HTH

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info