• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

lq4 in a 98 trans am

Lead Pipe

TCG Sub-par Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2010
LQ4's in Trans Am's is race car shit. It will swap right in and bolt up no problem. You have to run your T/A intake, oil pan and accessories. Harness and computer is all the same.

A couple things is you have to drill and tap an extra hole in the block to mount the PS pump or alternator, I forget which. Also If it is a 99 or 00 LQ4 with the iron heads the crank is 1/4' longer and won't mate to your trans.

Lead Pipe

TCG Sub-par Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2010
You will need an f body harness. If it's a 98 T/A I would look for a 99+ PCM and harness. They can be found on tech pretty cheap. Unless you want to cut up the LQ harness and run it as a stand alone. The f body harness will have all the provisions for the TCM and BCM.

I just noticed you said 2003 LQ4 so you're good on everything lining up and plugging in.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info