LQ4 408 horsepower question

BoostedZ

BoostedZ
Reaction score
Does anyone know what is the maximum horsepower I can get with twin turbos and E85 and all the matching parts without blowing it up?

Nate

Reaction score
You're going to have to be more specific, the stock crank supposedly can handle 1000hp, mainly because it will flex before it snaps.

BoostedZ

BoostedZ
Reaction score
1,500hp-1,800hp with Callies DragonSlayer crank, Callies H-beam rods, JE pistons, AFR 230cc (2.02/1.60), Brian Tooley springs, Scorpion 1.6 RR, and Custom Tick turbo cam.

Shibby50

Reaction score
Crank and block are good for that much. Not sure about those rods and Pistons though. I think those both go around the 1200mark
Might want to look into the ultra-billet rods for that goal.

Formula_LS1

Reaction score
I wouldn't feel comfortable pushing a stock block to that power level. Check out Josh's car...allout06 on LS1Tech. Similar build to what you're looking to do. I think he made around 1100 rwhp through a 4L80

willizm

Ho fuckin Ho!
Reaction score
I wouldn't feel comfortable pushing a stock block to that power level. Check out Josh's car...allout06 on LS1Tech. Similar build to what you're looking to do. I think he made around 1100 rwhp through a 4L80
This. Also you have to think with a stock iron block you are putting alot of side load on that stroked crank so it's going to crack the cylinder walls at higher power levels. It's the reason why most guys shy away from a stroker setups on turbo applications. I have an iron block as a backup motor and plan on keeping it stock displacement/stroke.

BoostedZ

BoostedZ
Reaction score
Alright so just upgrade the stock internals to the stock specs and go from there?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom